Installation of WatchOs 4.3.1 beta 1 issue

Hi there,

I can't make the update for this version, Apple Watch say that the AppleWatch need to be turn on, not into plane mode, and near the iPhone, as usual, but nothing happen. Still this message again and again.

Try to restart, re install the Watch, nothing

I'm on Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Christophe

Accepted Reply

Just try something and it works for me.

1 . Install the beta profile for the Apple Watch on the iPhone too ( Watch beta profile - Apple Dev Center )

2 . Restart the iPhone

3. Try to update via AppleWatch app

4. It should work 😀

Regards,

Christophe

Replies

Installing the Watch beta provile on both iphone X and A-watch series 3 then making sure to restart both worked. However I also had to take the watch out of nighstand mode to be able to unlock it while charging. Otherwise, even after a reboot, I kept getting a cannot connect error dialog. Airport mode was OFF, Wifi was ON, and the two appliances were within a foot of each other. Once these steps were followed the download began, stopping and resuming on its own twice before it completed the download (5 minutes) and moved to the preparing phase (28 minutes). Install to the watch after peparing phast took 6 minutes. When watch reboot occurred, it prompted me to enter a passcode. The boot circle completed about half way and then the watch rebooted again, completing the install.

NOTE: After the install of the beta, the watch app on the iphone x indicated that T-Mobile cellular plan was installed. The watch indicated No Cellular Plan intalled. Under cellular plan in settings, Plan showed NO SIM and status was NO CONNECTION.

Hi All,

We believe we've resolved this with a server-side change. Please let us know if you still have any issues seeing the 4.3.1 update. For anything else, please do file a bug report in addition to letting us know here. Sysdiagnose logs from watchOS are very valuable to help track down these issues quickly.

Thanks!

-nick

the no cellular connection was easily fixed by removing my t-mobile profile from the apple watch app and reinstalling it. All is good.

What I had to do was delete the beta profile and let WatchOS 4.3 install...then I reinstalled the beta profile and reinstalled the update and it worked....installing as I upload this response