Error "upgrading" Xcode server with latest xcode

I haven't used Xcode in quite a while, and recently installed Xcode Version 9.3 (9E145) from the app store. While going through and getting everything settled there, I switched over to the "Server and Bots" tab, where it was recommending I upgrade Xcode Server.

When I tapped through the keys to do the upgrade, it returned an error:

xcode server user: Error Domain=XCS Administration.XCS Administration Error Code=3 "Could not find an existing user with name 'xcodeserver'."

I didn't think I had Xcode Server running previously, so I suspect I'm in some half-state where it can't clean up or reset. Is there a way to reset this, even wiping out anything that may have been there previously and resetting things to a fresh installation state?

Accepted Reply

I have same problem with Error Domain=XCS Administration.XCS Administration Error Code=3 "Could not find an existing user with name 'xserver'."

It help me delete this folder /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/ and set XcodeServer again.

Replies

I have a similar situtation, where I really have not user Xcode server before, but I have macOS Server, and tried to to partially setup Xcode Server there on macOS ElCapitan. In any case, I have upgraded my machine to High Sierra along with macOS Server and upgraded Xcode to 9.3. Now I was looking in preferences, specifically in the Server and Bots tab, and there was a button to upgrade Xcode Server. After pressing the button, I received the error message: "No build service user was chosen. Pass --build-service-user <SHORTNAME> to xcscontrol."

What should I do next to set up Xcode Server? Do I need to toss out some preference files or something else?

I have same problem with Error Domain=XCS Administration.XCS Administration Error Code=3 "Could not find an existing user with name 'xserver'."

It help me delete this folder /Library/Developer/XcodeServer/ and set XcodeServer again.