outlook 2011 hangs on b3

Outlook 2011 (latest version: 14.5.1) hangs (beachball) under B3 - was fine under B1 and B2. My Excahgvne provider is not yet on the latest Server version so I cannot use the Outlook 2016 preview.

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas fro a workaround?

thanks

Replies

I'm facing the same issue but not only Outlook 2011 hangs, all Office 2011 Apps do

Same here, but works now after a restart.

That's what I see in the Console when I start Outlook 2011

It still hangs even after a couple of reboots

09/07/15 18:32:01,365 Microsoft Outlook[475]: dynamic_cast error 1: Both of the following type_info's should have public visibility. At least one of them is hidden. 17IDataSourceClient, 18CCalDatabaseClient.

It looks like a spotlight issue, I reindxed everything and now no crashes and search is working!.

Update:

OK while things settled down after the index, still have had a couple hangs.

Jeff

Nuked the index and rebooted. OL2011 still hangs for me particularly when composing or switching folders on Exchange server.

Same scenario here. Under this seed I can't get Exchange calendar to work on iCal and now Outlook 2011 doesn't work at all. So I've only got mail working (sort of - had to rebuild the whole account).

I too have tried everything. I'm using Exchange Server. I bit the bullet and downloaded enterprise Office 365 Outlook 2016 and it seems to be just fine....

Reinstalled Office 2011 completely, installed all updates but Outlook still freezes.

Can't use Outlook 2016 because we are still on Exchange 2007

Outlook 14.5.3 has been released, seems to correct these issues on my MBP.

EDIT: Scratch that. Just got beachballed.

does anyone know how i can re-download the supplemental update?

So far this is looking good in Beta 4. Java seems to be working better too (Crashplan)

My outlook 2011 is still not working in Beta 4. They broke something after beta 2 and I sure wish they would figure out what they did wrong soon.

For me Outlook 2011 is still beach balling in Beta 4 no improvement whatsoever

Opened up in beta 4.....I have installed 2016 and am still using it, and 2011 came back as a hard restart.....loaded right up.....

I gave up on it. Bought 2016 because the preview actually worked.