Eclipse (4.4) and other Java applications unusable under El Capitan DP3

Eclipse was working properly under Beta 1 and Beta 2, but seems to be having issues under Beta 3. The splash screen appears, and loading completes, and even shows my workspace. (Complete with projects, last-open tabs and contents, etc.)

However, the GUI thread seems completely stalled - I have the rainbow wheel of death perpetually, and cannot interact with any of the UI.

Update: I updated to Eclipse Mars (4.5) and am experiencing the same issue.

Replies

With the updated beta release for El Capitan today it appears that Eclipse is working again. I'm able to launch it and while I haven't exercised all features/capabilities Eclipse is responding so far.

Yup. It's working fine for me on DP4

Beta 4 seems to have alleviated the problem for me as well. Eclipse Luna is back up and running!

I'm on the Public Beta so I'm still dead in the water. Is there a link somewhere that will provide me access to Dp4?

Hi. I was having the same problem with a few apps myself.

Some apps will give you the error message at startup, and others won't, and will hang, but it means you do not have the proper version of Java legacy installed.

OS X requires Java 6 legacy for java enabled apps to work without the bootstrap. Apple recently released an updated version of legacy to fix these unexplained problems. You can click here to go to Apple's official page for it. Try installing it, and get back to me on whether or not it works.

DP4 comes preinstalled with it, for those of you who are confused on that matter.

Cheers.

Not unless you are a paid developer. If you are, then here. If not, you will have to wait until the PB2 is released.

FWIW, in my case CrashPlan did not work (nor did eclipse) after installing the legacy Java VM you referred to.

Finally DP4 comes~~ will say bye to this annoying issue ^ ^

Public Beta 2 fixed this issue. I even upgraded my Luna to Mars. Yeah.

Public Beta Version 2 - Build 15A225f seems to fix the issue. Just installed the latest and Eclipse LUNA is running good.

Probably coming in late to the issue, but since it's bumped I'll add that Netbeans never exhibited any issues in my experience with JDK 8u60.