Maximum number of certificates generated

Greetings, i am having trouble creating a production certificate. It says "Maximum number of certificates generated". We have currently only 3 apps registered. Need to deploy 7 - 10 more apps. How can i work around this?

Best!

Ganesh Ramaswamy

Replies

I'm also having the same problem, not just with IOS Development certificates but with IOS Deployment certificates and Push Notifications too.

We only have 4 apps and I need to reissue new certificates for the coming 12 months and it won't let me. I've revoked around 8 certificates that we used for testing but that made no difference - still coming up with the "Maximum number of certificates generated".

I done the same process last year without any problem at all so I'm guessing that this is something that's happened in the last few months that still hasn't been resolved.

Hi,

Try this:

- Access the App ID of your app. Push Notifications should be marked with an orange mark, and not green.

- Click Edit > Push Notifications > Create Certificate > Continue

- Upload your CSR file

- Download .cer and generate .p12

The orange mark will remain as orange.

Hope this helps!

Same here. I have revoked my most of my development certificates yesterday and I only have one now. But I can't request any more certificates - "Maximum number of certificates generated".

Is there are waiting period after revoking before the counter/limit gets reset?

Is there any way to add more Ad-Hoc iOS Distribution Certificates? For say, subscribing to another Enterprise Program by paying the annual fee so, that I don't have to create an entirely new account.

Same problem here. I revoked the second certificate I created so I only have one certificate in the list but it still shows Maximum number of certificates generated.

What am I suppose to do ? This is so frustrating...

Soooo.... Can somebody tell me what to do when you only have one certificate but it still says

(Maximum number of certificates generated)

Apple people, no answer ?

I'm also having the same problem.

The same problem. Only one active development certificate and I can't create more. It's needed for other developers in our team.

Can we know what we can do with just one? Seems like a joke

Hi, I'm having the same issue, did anyone get this resolved?

I solved this by clicking on "Production" under the Certificates heading and revoking the Certificate I wanted removed (note, there was three).

Previously I was doing it from the Certificates > All section. I don't know how they're different.

I then went back to add a new certificate and the radio buttom was selectable again

An Enterprise Account can have only a maximum of three iOS Distribution Certificates. However, I have a theory that each developer associated with that account can perhaps only create a maximum of one of those three certificates. Thus, if you want to create three certificates you need to sign in as three separate developers to create the certificates.

Clearly, you might have a use case like me where one developer is going to create more than on Certificate Signing Request, to create more than one Distribution Certificate, to provide each one to separate groups of developers. But it seems possible that you can't do this. Though I am searching for documentation that this is the case.

did you resolve the question ??

22192 Views, 29 Replies on this one but still unresolved...

I am having the same issue, any updates?

I have the same issue here!

I hope someone from Apple reading this post! Please fix the issue!