iTunes Sandbox Extremely Slow

I'm developing IAP using sandbox enviornment, but the API is VERY VERY VERY EXTRMELY slow.

I takes about 30sec ~ 1minute to response after I make a payment on iOS, or, I am trying to restore the purchase, all I got is the

restoreCompletedTransactionsFailedWithError

callback, and with the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" related error.

And same with the validation API: https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt

Only 1 out of 10 times will give me succesfull response, others just keep giving me timeout response.

This is really annoying, I've spent my whole day of waiting the response.

Anyone facing the same issue?

I'm 100% sure my network works fine.

Replies

To help get attention on this matter, please submit a bug report. Once you've submitted the bug report please send me the bug report number so that I can forward them to iTunes Server engineering. My direct email address is "rkubota@apple.com". If you've already submitted the bug report, please send me the bug report number.

To submit a bug report on this issue, iTunes engineering has requested the following.

First install the StoreKit and sysdiagnose profiles

Install StoreKit profile to an iOS 11+ device

Please login to the Apple Developer Bug Report - Profiles and Logs website

<https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/>

Click the “Profile” URL associated with the “App Store/iTunes Store for iOS” item. You will download the “itmsdebugging.mobileconfig” file.

Click the “Profile” URL associated with the "sysdiagnose for iOS" item.

Read the instructions for triggering the sysdiagnose profile. Note where to find the sysdiagnose archive once you've sync'd the device with iTunes.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE RESTART THE DEVICE

CAPTURE THE DEVICE CONSOLE LOG - connect the device to a macOS X Sierra (or newer) system (macOS X 10.12.x)

1. Launch the Console app and select the device in the left side of the Console window

2. Before starting the iOS app, click “Clear”.

3. Start the application and perform the steps to replicate the problem.

4. When the issue occurs, trigger the sysdiagnose archive. Note the time of the event.

5. save the contents of the Console log. Please verify that the string “fetchSoftwareAddOns” appears in the console log. If this string does not appear, then the profile was either not installed properly or the device was not restarted after the install to the device.

6. Wait 5 minutes after triggering the sysdiagnose archive, then sync the device with iTunes.

7. When the sync is finished, navigate to the location of the sysdiagnose logs

To submit a bug report for investigation by iTunesConnect, please use the Apple Developer Bug Report web page - http://bugreport.apple.com.

After logging in, select the “Other” Product.

Fill out the bug report form. In the description section -

make sure to include the application ID

add the in app purchase identifiers which are failing

attach the console log as well as the sysdiagnose archive which you captured.

Indicate whether the problem is with the sandbox or production version of the app.

Describe what sequence of StoreKit API calls were made.

Note the time of the failure in the description.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Hello, same happening here. At the beggining we thought that this was caused by some buggy code, but we tried it by doing a simple cURL and the results are the same, very BIG response times varying from 1.5 seconds to huge timeouts ( more than 60seconds) Is there any estimate on how to fix this? Otherwise there is no way to check how the store works on sandbox mode.

I have the same issue.

Even when open the sandbox verify receipt link in the browser it is very slow.

while it is very fast in the production link

https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt

Hi Rich. Thank you for your support in this. I don't mean to sound hostile, but does your request for a full bug report mean that nobody in the team responsible for the Sandbox is able to reproduce this themselves? I'm curious if it is working fine for a set of developers.

I've created a report for this: https://bugreport.apple.com/web/?problemID=38703142

Nice, I thought I was going crazy because the same code was working fine before... submitted a bug report too as suggested by the apple engineer. The bad thing is our app has been rejected now for three times because of their bug and we cannot get patches in...

Thank you for everyone who has submitted bug reports and forwarded the bug reports to me. I'm aware that we are investigating this issue.

For anyone who has not submitted a bug report, I would urge you to submit a bug report, to indicate you are affected and that the problem persists. As evidence, please open the Terminal app and ping the sandbox server. Capture the results and paste them into the bug report.

user$ ping -c 5 sandbox.itunes.apple.com

To submit a bug report for investigation by iTunesConnect, please use the Apple Developer Bug Report web page - http://bugreport.apple.com.

After logging in, select the “Other” Product.

Fill out the bug report form. In the description section -

make sure to include the application ID

add the in app purchase identifiers which are failing

paste the results of the ping commandline.

Please send the bug report to me at "rkubota@apple.com"

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Thank you for your help! Just submitted one bug report.

Bug logged, and thanks!

Unfortunately the problem still persists.

Thank you for support - I've created and sent another bug report.

Good afternoon. Previously, there were problems with payments - it took a lot of time, most often on the client were given a error about incorrect payment data, in 9 out of 10 cases. Today, suddenly, the payment began to work very quickly. What has changed? Did you fix it?

Thank you.

Today TestFlight sanbox purchases seemed to process normally and complete successfully. Let's see if the password request loop is also fixed.

I'm back to borderline unusable and ping's failing .

ping -c 5 sandbox.itunes.apple.com

PING sandbox.itunes-apple.com.akadns.net (17.154.66.159): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

--- sandbox.itunes-apple.com.akadns.net ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

I'm having the same issue everyone else in this thread is. I can sometimes get an IAP to successfully go through in the Sandbox, but it is very, very slow. I'm working on code right now for a feature where I need to be able to hit verifyReceipt and get a usable response, but that is never working no matter how many times I try.

Here's the Terminal output from the ping rich from Apple mentioned trying:

$ ping -c 5 sandbox.itunes.apple.com

PING sandbox.itunes-apple.com.akadns.net (17.154.66.159): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

--- sandbox.itunes-apple.com.akadns.net ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Same issue here, PING timeouts, Storekit timesout. I created a bug report.