High Sierra slow booting

Since I installed 10.13 8both betas) my MacBook pro 8.1 13" late 2011 with installed 1TB Samsung EVO SSD needs a bootup time of 45 seconds.

With Sierra it was 18 seconds. Somebody with same experience?

Replies

Yes i tried Disk Sensei and also Trim enabler 4. After reboot those apps say trim is enabled and working in background, but when I check System Profiler -> SATA/Sata Express it says Trim-support: None.

I guess so..

it says trim yes..

TRIM-Unterstützung: Ja

i do not use an 3rd party tools i just enabled it by processing

sudo trimforce enable

I have a Samsung EVO 850 ssd in my Macbook pro late 2011 whit MacOS 10.13 (final release), EVO 850 is compatible with TRIM, after enable TRIM boot time now take more or less 25s, before it took more than 50s.

With MacOS 10.12 with TRIM disable boot time took more or less 17s.

Thanks for the TRIM information.

Disabling trim restored my boot times back to normal. What negative effects are there if I leave it disabled?

after disabling trim its 25 sec not after enabling. sorry

Using Public Beta 5 there is no change to the unbearably Slow boot times of 60-70 seconds. Maybe this ist wanted by apple? I do not understrand why apple does not do any change to this problem. It is one of the benefits of an internall SSD that it is able to make very short boot times. Compared with some WIN10 Tablets my machines are so frustrating in the meanwhile that I´ld like to shoot them to the moon without any chance to get back. Apple, this is the right way to loose customers. We saw it happen in Redmond after VISTA and 8.0 or 8.1.Who for the **** is responsible for this bad customer experience?

***** Apple, always convert APFS on 10.13 OS X Install, why ?

On macbook pro mid 2010 could not install on APFS and could not properly run after, so many errors with it 😟

>always convert APFS on 10.13 OS X

Latest macOS beta still does this? What's your bug #?

I'm experiencing slow boot also in High Sierra on a MBP Early 2013 with original SSD from Apple.

It takes 20-30 seconds more to boot than in Sierra.

10.13.3 Beta (17D34a)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

This helped me (on 3 Macs)

Complete Time machine backup

Boot into Recovery

select new install from time machine backup

THAT WAS ALL

I've noticed the same with High Sierra installed on an internal APFS SSD : 25 to 30 seconds to boot, whereas Sierra booted in 14-15 sec on the same HFS+ SSD.

But I've also noticed that if I clone my High Sierra APFS SSD onto an HFS+ external Thunderbolt SSD with CarbonCopyCloner (CCC will allow cloning on an HFS+ drive without forcing APFS reformatting), boot time gets back to the normal 14-15 seconds !

In other words : it is not High Sierra that is responsible for the looooong boot time; it is APFS.

I’m doing good I’d say. Mid 2012 MacBook Pro i5 16gb ram 500gb PNY sshd running Catalina from pressing power button to login screen. 18seconds flat every time. :)