5 identical review rejections and no details

Hi.

My app has been rejected 5 times for having been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines:

1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata.

2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval

2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website

3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app

4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app

5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app

5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used

Apple says: “Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines.”

I said that I wasn’t violating these guidelines and that if I was, I’d like more details so I can fix it. But the review team just keep rejecting us with the exact same message and no additional detail.

I also tried to appeal the rejection but I didn’t get any answer.

I’ve been publishing iOS apps for many years. I’ve always followed Apple’s guidelines and I never had any issues before, but somehow this ambiguous rejection started in February.

Anyone had this kind of problem before? How can I solve it?

Thanks

Replies

I’m having exactly the same problems and this has now happened for a second time. Last time I replied addressing each point individually saying that it wasn’t the case or that I didn’t know what they were referring to (as I had no idea at all!). A couple of weeks later they then just approved the app with no further questions. I have just replied to the same message from them for a second app so awaiting another review. I hope this will be sorted soon as it’s saying things about my app that are not true (as far as I am aware).

As for my apps, first time rejected for 1.1.6 2.3.0 2.3.1 and 4.3.0. Then we remade a new version and replied that we confirmed there are no violations this time. And there comes the second rejection, exactly same reasons as those mentioned in the post.

Maybe Apple is just short handed of reviewers and replies us with some kind of formula.

They just approved the app without resubmiting the binary build? just to wait after you response via resolution center? how many weeks?

Have the same problem with 2 apps for nearly month (tried to pass review 3-4 times).

At first I thought that the problem was in UnityAds, but I deleted it from one of my applications and no luck 😠.

Looks like auto-reject by some Apple's algorithm.

I Have also same issue, made new IOS acount and IOS team send this message to me.
My game is basically Car derby, designed and developed by my team.
If any person has any idea why this happens kindly tell me please

This type of app has been identified as one that may violate one or more of the following App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, these types of apps often: 1.1.6 - Include false information, features, or misleading metadata. 2.3.0 - Undergo significant concept changes after approval 2.3.1 - Have hidden or undocumented features, including hidden "switches" that redirect to a gambling or lottery website 3.1.1 - Use payment mechanisms other than in-app purchase to unlock features or functionality in the app 4.3.0 - Are a duplicate of another app or are conspicuously similar to another app 5.2.1 - Were not submitted by the legal entity that owns and is responsible for offering any services provided by the app 5.3.4 - Do not have the necessary licensing and permissions for all the locations where the app is used Before we can continue with our review, please confirm that this app does not violate any of the above guidelines. You may reply to this message in Resolution Center or the App Review Information section in iTunes Connect to verify this app’s compliance. Given the tendency for apps of this type to violate the aforementioned guidelines, this review will take additional time. If at any time we discover that this app is in violation of these guidelines, the app will be rejected and removed from the App Store, and it may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account. Should you choose to resubmit this app without confirming this app’s compliance, the next submission of this app will still require a longer review time. Additionally, this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until we have received your confirmation.

This is issue KIndly Help me

I am still having this problem. I have now had the same message from Apple 3 times! I explain each point, confirm it does not violate any, ask for further info and re-submit the same binary. It goes into review again after about an hour then after 24hrs (approx) it gets metadata rejection again. I go in to Resolution Center to check and it is EXACTLY the same message, word for word.

I am convinced this is an automated process. I have checked my app statistics and it is rejected without them even opening the app and visiting any pages. I am not sure a human has even looked at my app yet!

I called Apple and didn't get much help. They did say they would escalate it within the Review Team but I said no at the time as it was in review and I was hopful. I have since had it rejected again so I might phone them on Monday and ask for some sort of an escalation.

Are other people still having this issue? It has only started this year (2018) from what I can tell.

Sorry, should have been more clear. After answering the questions in Resolution Center I had to click "Submit for Review" and it went back into the review process. It then got approved. My latest problem though with a different app is ongoing. Not sure what I am doing wrong...

Did you call Apple this Monday? I have the same issue, but after resubmitting my app went to the In Review state. After that Apple answered me what the review process will proceed as normal. Now I'm waiting since 22, Feb.

What is the country of your Developer Account?

Have the same problem (tried to pass review 2-3 times).😟

UK

I called Apple and they said I just have to wait. Still waiting as I write...

Did anyone get the approval?

My app was approved yesterday after 5 weeks with "In Review" status.