iTunes Sandbox Extremely Slow

I'm developing IAP using sandbox enviornment, but the API is VERY VERY VERY EXTRMELY slow.

I takes about 30sec ~ 1minute to response after I make a payment on iOS, or, I am trying to restore the purchase, all I got is the

restoreCompletedTransactionsFailedWithError

callback, and with the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" related error.

And same with the validation API: https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt

Only 1 out of 10 times will give me succesfull response, others just keep giving me timeout response.

This is really annoying, I've spent my whole day of waiting the response.

Anyone facing the same issue?

I'm 100% sure my network works fine.

Replies

It seems very erratic. Sometimes it works the first time I sign in and makes a purchase, then it doesn't work for the next purchase. Are you guys testing on different iOS versions or the newest?

This week we had the same problems. Half of our test purchases are failing to timeouts. Similar connection problems do occure on our backend server when we try to verify sandbox purchases. We tested the purchase with different devices and different iOS versions.

I have same problem. 2 days ago it worked, but now it does not work.

I can not test in-app purchase feature in sandbox environment(TestFlight) before release app.

SKProductsRequest returns an error in sandbox environment.

The error is:

Error Domain=SSErrorDomain Code=109 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot connect to iTunes Store, SSErrorHTTPStatusCodeKey=404}

Same for me. about 80% of request fail. 2700 tests constantly in failed state with same timeout....

Since yesterday morning is same for me!

From PHP i use https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt, very slow but works.

From iOS in iTunes sandbox , is extremely slow and about 90% of requests fails. Most of times i get:

Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 "Imposible conectarse a iTunes Store" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x1c0647a40 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1001 "(null)" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-2102, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=4}}, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://p100-sandbox.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/inAppBuy, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://p100-sandbox.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/inAppBuy, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=4, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-2102, NSLocalizedDescription=Imposible conectarse a iTunes Store}

Same here. We've been having problems for some time now. Today it has been almost impossible to succeed a purchase in TestFlight beta. Also the iTunes sign in prompt shows in erratic fashion, sometimes in a loop. Sometimes the sign in promp appears even if the tested app is closed. This puts our pipeline pretty much to a halt.

I strongly suggest that you submit bug reports on this matter. I'm one of the few Apple engineers to read this post. If I tell the iTunes team that this is a big issue, they ask - why aren't there bug reports. Upper Apple management prioritizes issues based on the number of bug reports collected for an issue. While my instructions for submitting a bug report above may seem onerous, go ahead and submit a report and include some ping results. If you can capture the console log with the StoreKit profile active, so much the better.

To submit a bug report for investigation by iTunesConnect, please use the Apple Developer Bug Report web page - http://bugreport.apple.com.

After logging in, select the “Other” Product.

Fill out the bug report form. In the description section -

make sure to include the application ID

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Thanks for your efforts, rich. But seriously: This is ridiculous! Such a large company like Apple should have anticipated that by itself not by us developers complaining by bug reports! Don‘t you have a monitoring strategy checking the performance of your systems? If I‘d tell my company‘s customers that we wait until enough users of some website complained until we do something they‘d for sure would‘ve not be our customers for long anymore. With Google services I personally never have had such problems!

Same issue for me. After few tries it seems to work well for some time. I thought there is a problem in my code, even I've not changed it

This bug also seems to cause the device to keep requesting for sanbox login. I just reset my iPhone and restored a recent backup and guess what. It wants my password to process some sandbox crap. So the failure is stored into a backup.This bug not only destroys your production line, it also corrupts your device.

I'm ATM unable to create even a bug report because the device just keeps asking for the password for the sanbbox purchases. It looks like there's an endless supply of previously failed purchases in some queue.

I have the same issue. Somethimes it working but I have more failure than success

Transaction Failed with error: Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot connect to iTunes Store}

This issue appears to be happening quite frequently as well. All Sandbox purchases that were attempted today are now timing out.

I'm looking for some suggestions on how to proceed. Are there any workarounds? It has been going on for so long that I am not sure how to move forward. Are people simply releasing into the production environment and hoping for the best?

I guess so 😟

Same problem here

March 20th.

Have several devices - for hours the same result, not able to connect to IAP sandbox AT ALL.

Tried multiple times, multiple devices, over a period of multiple hours. Always unable to connect to iTunes store.

Totally ridiculous, IAP sanbox has always been a joke and totally fragile, just ridiculous.