Photos turn solid color in Preview

Trying to open photos from iCloud with Preview. The photos can be seen in the thumbnail view but when you open them in Preview they turn a solic color (so far either red or blue). A couple of times this has caused the thumbnail in Photos app to turn the corresponding color.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Looking for any assistance as I'm currently unable to annotate pics for work via the Preview app.

Accepted Reply

Try the latest beta released today 2/8:

Resolved Issues

• Fixed an issue that may have resulted in corrupted pictures, Preview opening to solid red or solid blue, missing controls in QuickTime player, missing icons in the menu bar, or the failure to highlight items in Microsoft Office.

Replies

Having the same issue with corrupted photos and photos imagies turning red when expanded from thumbnails and files with images in Preview. Using 17E139j. Several images corrupted and uploaded back to the cloud.

Hello,

Try updating to the latest version available today, 17E170c. This may solve the issue you are having.

17E170c finally worked. after opening photos a short "updating your library" took place. All photos can be accessed now without turning solid red.

Hi just updated to17E170c , which finally worked. after opening photos a short "updating your library" took place. All photos can be accessed now without turning solid red.

I hope someone can advise me - I am getting this exact same issue (solid red previews and photos), but with the shipping 10.13.6 - does anyone have any suggestions - it's driving me mad?