🔎 🤦‍♂️ 🤯 ArKit and AVCaptureSession - when ⌛️ we'll get the solution🌟 !?

Hi guys,

so the problem is that the quality of the image on ArKit is too low for our app - and we need to have it improved.

I know this question has been already asked few times here and on SO, and also there're already feature requests sent to apple - but I just wanted to followup.

Is there any news in either:

accessing ArKit to improve the output of the ArScn images ? or is there any way to use ArKit and AVCaptureSession simultaneously?

@Apple - when we will get some update on it? It's burning problem, especially for iPhoneX owners!

Replies

I've came across this man - who's making an AR recorder framework ?

How is it possible - that he's using AVCaptureSession while using AR ?

Perhaps he's using ReplayKit.

One other thing to mention -- the iOS 11.3 beta now raises the ARKit back-facing camera resolution to 1080p (from 720p) and has an option to enable auto-focus.

Yup but still I'am missing access to AVCaptureDepthDataOutput to fully realize my plan.. is it combined with ArKit already in your backlog, or should I add feature request ?

Btw here's the link mentioned library - and it doesn't seems to be based on ReplayKit..

https://github.com/AFathi/ARVideoKit

Hey Adam,
did you find a solution? I came across this problem too and I just can´t figure out why it is not possible to run the ARKit Session Cam while running an AVCaptureSession.