CloudKit Limitations

I'm considering using CloudKit to share documents across an enterprise (hundreds of users) and am hoping that someone that has had some experience with this API could share their experience. I'm especially interested to know if there are any constraints such as:

1. Is there a maximum number of users that a document can be shared with?

2. Can I include multiple documents in a CKShare subscription? If yes, is there a limit to how many documents can be included?

3. Are there any file size constraints in terms of how big the file can be that will be shared/synced?

Replies

If you mean employees, you may want to move this to theEnterprise Distribution forum.

1. Is there a maximum number of users that a document can be shared with?

- i believe the documentation says you can share with a maximum 100 users. Don't have a link handy

2. Can I include multiple documents in a CKShare subscription? If yes, is there a limit to how many documents can be included?

- yes. There seems to be a limit for 5000 records *at the time of the creation of the share*, but after you create a share, you can add as many records to it as you want. You can see this thread for more details: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/64533

3. Are there any file size constraints in terms of how big the file can be that will be shared/synced?

- I don't know about limits for an individual file. **** the size of the total shared records counts against the iCloud account limit for the creator of the share.

Hope this helps.

I haven’t used CKShare but what you want to do can be done in the public database with no limitations.

Thanks for the update. Sharing a document with a maximum of 100 users seems rather low. We have a few customers that have a need to share a document with a 150 to 200 users and that number could easily grow.

Yes, but you would only have client-side security for the shared documents.