Missing dictionaries for Dictionary app in 10.13.4 beta (17E139j)

After installing the last MacOS beta (10.13.4 beta (17E139j)) the Dictionary app just shows the Wikipedia and the language dictionaries.

Replies

That works and you only have to do it once. Thanks.

Thank you!

Now if I could just figure out the answer to not being able to connect to the App Store.

Thanks!

Shift + launch isn't working for me either. Did you need to restart first?

No restart. I just held down the shift key while I launched Dictionary and they downloaded.

Doesn't work for me either.

I’m amazed at the number of people who chimed in on this issue. I was expecting the number of people using the dictionary to not exceed a dozen at most.

I was wrong 😝

Sounds like your expectations for the number of devs that actually install betas to test and exercise, vs. just to brag over in study hall, are pretty low 😉 - I'm encouraged.

My dictionaries have reappeared as misteriously as they had vanished. Neither macOS nor the dictionary app were updated inbetween.

Same here. They just magically reappeared. Although the first time I looked up a word it had to download the dictionary again.

Me too happened.

But today after excute Dictionary app, I recieve message if I want download dictionaries Apple, Oxford, etc ...

Of course I want it.

And already working again.

At least I am not the only one without a dictionary. All good. Thanks for posting.