Missing dictionaries for Dictionary app in 10.13.4 beta (17E139j)

After installing the last MacOS beta (10.13.4 beta (17E139j)) the Dictionary app just shows the Wikipedia and the language dictionaries.

Replies

Me too.

Same here.

Yes, the same. Equally the same situation in the iOS 11.3 beta. This might point to some pending larger upstream update.

The same for me. All the dictionaries are unavailable.

Dictionary is broken, this is not beta this is alpha, I'm gonna stop updating to beta if Apple simply breaks apps

If you do stop I imagine Apple will survive.

do you know what is the difference between alpha and beta ?

Yes.

Same.

Wikipedia is the only thing available in Dictionary.

Filed bug # 36926398.

Same here. Try deleting the playlist under library as some tutorial but still won't work. Only left with the wikipedia in config. The first click won't show up with anything but tell you the local dict is missing and the second click can sometimes bring the siri knowlege and the other tabs back.

Same for me; this is a real bummer since I was using that dictionary dozens of times a day. It was quick, efficient, and I believe it used the reliable New Oxford American Dictionary. Their website is complete garbage.

Also: clicking on any links in the dictionary now just opens a tab in your browser, which is super irritating. What's the point of using the dictionary if it just routes you to wikipedia's website?

Having the same issue too.

Same here!

Need the dictionary back asap... it's a pain in the ***.

The same here...I sent this via feedback assistant. Any workaround?

Try holding down the shift key while you launch Dictionary.