Using UIActivityViewController on iPhone X missing To field in iMessage

Hi there,

I'm using a regular UIActivityViewController to share quotes or images with their services such as iMessage, Mail, Whatsapp, etc. But on the iPhone X, the to field is missing in iMessage so the user is unable to actually input a contact, phone number, or email address to send the content to. Is there anything special I need to be doing for iPhone X?

Replies

Same here. Did you find a solution?

I found a workaround. Set "Hide status bar" to false in app's general properties, then:

- in ViewWillAppear add

UIApplication.shared.isStatusBarHidden = true

and just before calling your UIActivityViewController add:

UIApplication.shared.isStatusBarHidden = false

yourUIActivityViewController.completionWithItemsHandler = {(activityType: UIActivityType?, completed: Bool, returnedItems: [Any]?, error: Error?) in

UIApplication.shared.isStatusBarHidden = true

}

I have this problem as well.. works fine on any other devices, only iPhone X is the problem..

Must mention that status bar is hidden by default..

Has someone filed a bug report?

Running into this problem as well when displaying a `UIActivityViewController` on the iPhone X only.

razvan-dan's solution unfortunately didn't work for me.

Does it fix the problem if you enable the status bar display?

Thanks

Sounds like your "To" Field of the UIActivityViewController is up above the safeAreaLayoutGuide top constraint. Have you used the visual debugger in Xcode to see why it isn't showing ??

Hi Rico.. We are using the system share extension and choosing iMessage to send a link/text.. I am not sure how we can control this..

This is what the result is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxteuke4xxj99u7/Screenshot%202018-03-12%2013.02.10.png?dl=0

Adding side by side screenshots for reference with an app that doesn't hide the status bar https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9se44ji7fkzr1n/Screenshot%202018-03-12%2013.11.50.png?dl=0

Anyone got a a solution? It seems the last 11.3 update did not change something about this bug

I'm having this issue as well. Doesn't appear to be fixed in the iOS12 beta–

Anyone got a a solution?

AppDelegate.m

-(BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions
Add:

[[UINavigationBar appearance] setTranslucent:NO];

can fixed this share mail problem, but share Whatsapp cannot fix