Health Records - API Where Art Thou?

Apple announces the brand new shiny Heatlh app with the new Health Records capablity. This is all lashed to FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources), a REST based text exchange protocol for healthcare data. Woo hoo.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/01/apple-announces-effortless-solution-bringing-health-records-to-iPhone/

So they add the following data to HK:

• Allergies
  • Clincial Vitals - "what the clinic says" vs "what Withings says" I suppose
  • Conditions
  • Immunizations
  • Lab Results
  • Medications
  • Proceedures

None of this is presented in the HealthKit.framework headers:

..../Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/HealthKit.framework/Headers/

So how to get something like HKCategoryTypeIdentifierAllergyMedication to add such values from an app on the device?

I certainally hope that the interface and data elements are not locked to medical institutions... my medical data belongs to me, not my doctor... I let my doctor borrow it.

Replies

Hi,

I'm curious too to know what data will ba available for third parties apps. I did check HealthKit API diff but could not find anything relevant. Could someone from HealthKit team give us more info?

Thanks.

Did you have any success tracking this down?

Put my hat in the ring as well for wanting to know what EMR data will be available for 3rd party apps. Will we get loinc code for labs, CPTs for procedures, IDCs for meds and so on.

I am also interested in this. Has someone tried to open a bug report to let them know this is important to us?

I am also interested in this as well as learning how to become a health records provider. Would love to see examples of the heath records as they are pulled into the device and stored.

nothing yet...

still hunting...

Opening something similar now.