Unusually long "waiting for review" time?

Has anyone else been experiencing unusually long app submission review times?

We submitted our app for review almost a week ago (6 days) and the status is still "waiting for review". It's never taken this long before. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing unusally long wait times due to their review team being backed up, or if something unusual is up with our app...

Replies

Looks like 2 days so far, must be one of those "Apple Special Slow Down Process" feature designed to push their customers to go and buy an Android device maybe ?

This step took 3.5 minutes on Google when I deployed the same app (Android version) to the Google Play Store --> Anyone who tells me Apple products are the way to go are only interested in one thing: Fashion!

We submitted on 28th of Dec 2017 and we are still Awaiting for Review until this second.

With communicated emails to their review team who get back always with their understanding to your issues but never sorted anything.

May God Bless steve jobs soul at this occusion as I dont think that apple store situation would be that bad compared to google play if he is still alive.

Same for us. "In Review" since Jan 17.

Stuck "waiting for review" for 7 days. Steps below:

1. App submitted to Apple on January 18, reviewed and passed within 2 hours.

2. App rejected by developer on January 19 as we last minute noticed a large bug.

3. App submitted to Apple on January 19.

4. App now rejected by Apple on January 19 even though the only change was a bug fix.

5. Stuck "Waiting For Review" until at least today, January 26th.

Looks like we have been flagged for two rejections in a row? (Even though one of them was by us).

Starting to wish we had just released on January 18th with the bug... That's the kind of mindset Apple puts you in with this behaviour 😟

>even though the only change was a bug fix.

Unless it was a meta data change that didn't require a fresh binary, they don't know what was changed, and are obligated to run it thru the same process as before..

And speaking of mindset, perhaps review noticed you originally jumped the gun, and are now waiting to be sure you're serious. Nothing like wasted process to discourage trust. I can imagine they see quite a bit of that day-to-day.

Hey Alifar,

I'd also like to know -- what happened with your app update that was escalated to the "appropriate internal team"?

Was the update eventually approved? How long did it take to hear back?

Thanks!

I posted an app for review 19 days ago. Then I requested expedited.

No Luck.

I Contacted support to ask if there was A problem.

Here is the response:

Thank you for contacting the App Store Review team. We have escalated your inquiry to the appropriate internal team. If needed, they will follow up with you directly.

There is no further action that you need to take at this time. If you have additional questions or concerns, however, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

This is not helpful really.

Looking for solutions. Please share any info you might have to make this faster. Thank you

I have the same problen and same boot eresponse, The solition was negatively qualify the satisfaction survey after contact Apple Review team by mail. I received a call telling me that the error was the certificates, that I will need erase ALL, AALLLL the certificates in Dev portal, even those stored in the keychain, and re-sign the app and create a new binary, and upload that to itunes connect. AND works app reviwed in some hours...

I hope youhave good look.

Manuel

My app version already 3 weeks in "Waiting for review" or "In review" status. What is happening??!!! I already found critical bugs, added new features and updated the version already 3 times. The version was rejected because of subtitle, I fixed it and submitted again. Then it was in "Waiting for review" for one week. During that time I found another critical bug and fixed with minor features and submitted. After that the app got "In review status" after some hours, but stayed for 2 weeks. Now I found some minor bugs, fixed and submitted the update. And still it is in "Waiting for review status". Does apple review team realize that the app version wasn't approved or declined for 3 weeks. What the **** is happening with the review team??!!!!! I wrote many times to support, asked expedited review, and still get the same response "we are working hard to process all submissions as quickly as possible". Really? It was written that 90% of the apps are reviewed during 1 business day. My each version takes ages to be reviewed!!!! What is happening? How do I suppose to do a business **** it??!!!

I pay $100 every year for what?? For the ****** service?!!! Then do a lifetime subscription like google play if you can't guarantee any terms. How to do a business with the service like this? Very disapionted!!!!!!

Did your problem get solved?

My app is waiting for review (after reject) 20 days. Disappointed.

I'am waiting two apps right now. First one is 13 days already, and the second - 3. It's very sad. Apple didn't love developers.

I tried to email to support team and review team. Had only robot generated f***g typical answers.

Have no idea what I need to do right now. Expedited review not helped too. They just answers that they can not do expedited review despite I have really critical bugfixes in that build.

How many apps do you have in your account? I heard that now apple would flag an account if you submit more than 4 apps per month.

Only two. The status chanched a few days ago from "Waiting for review" into "In review". Right now it's 28 days (for app update) and 18 days (new app) already! So f*** service!

But I'm ready to wait a one more ice age for now. I think that way it's ok to do business with Apple. They need more developers to create apps, and they will have it. In June 2018 they will show us a cute graphs where we'll see sh*tty growning up a big blue lines with an approved apps and money they had paid to developers. 8 years old and 88 years old.

Ok. My app had been approved after 28 days.