Photos turn solid color in Preview

Trying to open photos from iCloud with Preview. The photos can be seen in the thumbnail view but when you open them in Preview they turn a solic color (so far either red or blue). A couple of times this has caused the thumbnail in Photos app to turn the corresponding color.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Looking for any assistance as I'm currently unable to annotate pics for work via the Preview app.

Accepted Reply

Try the latest beta released today 2/8:

Resolved Issues

• Fixed an issue that may have resulted in corrupted pictures, Preview opening to solid red or solid blue, missing controls in QuickTime player, missing icons in the menu bar, or the failure to highlight items in Microsoft Office.

Replies

Hello,

Just letting you know that I am experiencing the same issue on my mid 2011 iMac. I am not using iCloud though, just my internal Photos Library. The issue started for me with 17E139j. I have sent Feedback to Apple. This issue does not occur on my late 2014 iMac. I am hoping that Apple reads the Feedback and fixes this issue in the next update.

Same problem here on an iMac Late 2009 but not on two newer MacBook Pro. I filed a bug report #36862316

I face exact the same issue. Started with 10.13.4 Beta (17E139J) and drives me crazy atm.

I am having the same problem with the finder/preview app. JPG are scrambled or pixelated seams to have started with Beta 13.4

Same issue found on my 2011 17" MBP, this issue rendered my MBP useless. Downgraded to 10.13.3 and issue was resolved. Waiting on next beta version, hopefully this bug was fixed.

Phew! I thought it was just me!

I'm facing the same issue. iMac mid 2011

same for me

Same issue with iMac mid 2011 here. Problem first appeared with import from iPhone 6s plus, but extended to photos that worked well previously.

Try the latest beta released today 2/8:

Resolved Issues

• Fixed an issue that may have resulted in corrupted pictures, Preview opening to solid red or solid blue, missing controls in QuickTime player, missing icons in the menu bar, or the failure to highlight items in Microsoft Office.

I've updated to 10.13.4 Beta (17E139j) as of last night and am still experiencing the same issues of solid red or solid blue when opening.

I noticed that the update did not complete last night and have now updated to 10.13.4 Beta (17E150g). The problem has been resolved.

Thanks!

Update 17E150g resoled the issue on my MPB mid 2010 both in Photos and Preview.

Installing 17E150g did not resolve the issue for me (Mac pro 5.1).

Still have this issue on 17E139j. Two weeks now, REALLY frustrating