"Ready to submit" and no way to Submit

Hi

I am trying to distribute my App to external testers through TestFlight. The status is "Ready to Submit" and I do not find any way to actually submit it.

The "iTunes Connect Users" is at the "Testing" state but the "External Testers" is at the "Ready to submit" state.

Will highly appreciate your help

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of tsik Down vote post of tsik
65k views

Replies

My app JUST got approved (after a few days of being stuck in Waiting for Review) via TestFlight. Hopefully this means that the backlog is now clearing and we're able to use TestFlight as normal again.

Probably Apple is updating something. Looks like we all see the same.

I undrestood that now only 1 build can be in "Waiting for Review" status on the Testflight.

I have few groups on the Testflight, and build approved for 1 group I cannot add to the second group. Could be that it's impossible to add any build to the second group.

Did anyone find a resolution to this? When I go into my Test Flight build it gives me a "Ready to Submit" but no option to actually submit. Help is greatly appreciated!

Here's how I do it: click the build number, add an external tester*, save. I don't know if it is "the" way to do it, but it has been working for me. Just poor UX design as far as I can tell.

*Use a dummy account to make yourself an external tester if you don't want to involve real externals yet.

My problem was similar, stuck on the ready to submit step. I had a successful build in the appsote, I just need to update its version to newer one. I added a detailed answer here https://stackoverflow.com/a/57160753/557396

When you open the Build information from within TestFlight, from the left side options select the external testers. Add the testers, add the description and select then you will see the option to Submit for Review

I did bump CFBundleShortVersionString and it worked

Tap "App Review" and click Submit for Review.