In-App purchase free product - You must select valid price for your price change

I have an in-app (Non-Consumable) with hosted conten. All these days i has set its price as $0 (FREE), but now i updated the title and trying to save it, i am getting an error as "You must select valid price for your price change". I changed it to $0.99 and saved it works fine. But i want my app to be FREE.

Please help me how to reset it back to $0.

Has Apple removed $0 price on in-app purchase???

Thanks

Aaru

Accepted Reply

Thanks guys...

Apple has fixed it now :-)

I had raised this issue calling their custome care number and logged a ticket.

Today morning i got an officially email saying issue has fixed.

Replies

Me too, speedy fix would be appreciated.

Free product, trying to add a 0.99p IAP.

"You must select valid price for your price change."

Same here! Please fix ASAP!

Apple please fix ASAP!!

Something has just changed. I keep trying in the hope they've fixed it.

On my attempt just now it doesn't display the current price. Instead the drop down picker has the title "Choose" and doesn't work.

Looking in the html it's not populated. Changing to the console in safari it lists 36 javascript errors mostly related to the price tiers.

I am also facing the same issue. Any update on fix guys ?

Is anyone else not seeing the Free tier even listed anymore? The price dropdown starts with Tier 1 and Tier 0 is nowhere to be found.

I'm having the same problem. I can't submit new metadata for the IAPs because it tells me "You must select valid price for your price change", even though there is no price change. Therefore, I can't publish my app on-time. Pretty inconvenient. You'd think this would be remedied more quickly, given that we are paying Apple for the right to develop for Apple products. I'll give you guys a heads up if I hear/find anything.

Yup, disappeared a few hours ago for me as well... Can't be the elimination of the "Free" tier..... can it?

this is so frustrating. Unable to create a new IAP & this is delaying my app publishing also .. I was hoping apple would fix it soon ..

Guys .. please let me know if any of you is able to fix it

Oh no.. now Tire 0$ is also removed from the dropdown.

I have raised a bug in https://bugreport.apple.com/

I suggest every one to raise a bug so that apple will take it seriously.

If they are changing their price model, then they have to give heads up so that we can see other alternatives

I just managed to create a consumable this morning.

So looked like they fixed it.

Thank you.

No, you still can't change the meta of a free IAP because there is no free price tier.

Worrying as I really hope Apple hasn't removed this option.

Giving away free IAP stuff, as an example of how it works, is good for selling other stuff.

no its still not fixed. I don't see 0 Tire price.

Can yo verify the in-app you created in the morning again?

Same issue here. I also hope the Free tier won't be removed, as it is a great tool for giving rewards and gift entitlements. It would be a huge problem for us and all those who use this feature.

Hi, I haven't done this for a while so didn't know there was a Tier 0 price.
I can't see a Tier 0 price either.