Paragraph 4.2.6 in the App Store Review Guidelines for iOS 11.

Paragraph 4.2.6 says: Apps created from a commercialized template or app generation service will be rejected.

Can anybody explain, is this paragraph relates to White Label solutions?

Replies

please what are the possible solution now?

I really don't see how some people don't understand or don't want to understand that rejecting every App because they are made with an App Generation service is especially very bad for small business owners. Yeah I know as a developer that they haven't coded anything and they use the same codebase, but which Xcode developer doens't share similar code when creating a new App. Why reinvent the wheel if it's already invented(a Dutch saying). I do understand the regulations regarding to the App's functionalities that could have also been a website or there are almost no functionalities, since it has no incremental value compared to a webppage. But come on, Apple is only pushing the same issue forward to the next developer that tries to create an App that somehow looks similar to an already existing App. And thereby pushing small business owners into high costs, which in most cases people don't have ,if you aren't one of the big companies for whom this regulation is no problem.

Or try to be at least a bit fair and give people a period in which they can use an App service to determne if they are willing to invest or gather an investment to create it native.

4.2.6 has been updated:

4.2.6 Apps created from a commercialized template or app generation service will be rejected unless they are submitted directly by the provider of the app’s content. These services should not submit apps on behalf of their clients and should offer tools that let their clients create customized, innovative apps that provide unique customer experiences. Another acceptable option for template providers is to create a single binary to host all client content in an aggregated or “picker” model, for example as a restaurant finder app with separate customized entries or pages for each client restaurant, or as an event app with separate entries for each client event.