Can I use custom login (userID and PIN) without the possibility to register?

Can I use custom login (userID and PIN) without the possibility to register? So a user can not access content in the app without his userID and PIN, but can not make a new account.

Is this allowed by the developer guidelines? And will such an app be accepted in review?

Replies

>Is this allowed by the developer guidelines?

If you mean ASRG's 5.1.1 (ii), you may need to talk in more detail about your app, thanks.

i have asked a similar question about having a log-in for a select group of people who are managed elsewhere

following your post with interest too

Can you share the url to this simular question?

At one point there was the requirement that all apps do something and that an app can't require a user to enter personal information. The solution was to have the app do something - in your case perhaps a map of truck stops. Then if the user wanted to they could enter their login information and get extra functionality. I'm not certain that requirement is still applicable (e.g. Uber).

One issue is a 'trust me' issue. You need to convince App Review that you are not actually selling the functionality using a means other than IAP. You aren't - but you may need to convince the App Store that the custom login info isn't really a ruse to charge $9.99 (and get 100% not 70%) for use of the app?

What can I do so this app will be accepted in the App Review?

So how can I delete old account iD from my device?