"Add VPN Configurations" alert localization

I have Russian language in Settings -> General -> iPad language and also Russia region in same palce but I see that alert in english language. Is it localized or not?

I see following text:

"MyVpnApp" Would Like to Add VPN Configurations

All network activity on this iPad may be filtered or monitored when using VPN.

Russian user expects this text in Russian becuase other OS messages are translated.

Accepted Reply

In general, system components running on behalf of your app should match the language that the system thinks your app is running in. This doesn’t seem to be happening in this case; I was able to replicate your result with a small test app here )-: This is not good. Please file a bug about this, and post your bug number here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

In general, system components running on behalf of your app should match the language that the system thinks your app is running in. This doesn’t seem to be happening in this case; I was able to replicate your result with a small test app here )-: This is not good. Please file a bug about this, and post your bug number here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Bug number: 25903822

Have you had any follow up?

This issue still happens on iOS 11.1. Do you have any follow up?? Thanks.

The bug that Ivan8585 filed (r. 25903822) was dup’d to another bug (r. 29009244) that was reported fixed in iOS 11. However, I just tried this myself on iOS 11.1 and, alas, it’s still broken. I’ve filed my own bug about this (r. 35768390) and hopefully we can get it fixed for real this time.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Someone asked me offline whether I’d heard anything back about the bug that I filed (r. 35768390). The answer here is, yes, I have, but I can’t post any details here because the fix is not yet available in any seeded release.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

@eskimo do you have any update on how to provide localized version of the VPN configurations dialog? The issue still persists on iOS 12.2 😟.

do you have any update on how to provide localized version of the VPN configurations dialog?

No. The only way that I can see this working is for Apple to ship a fix for this bug.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Any updates? The issue still persists on iOS/ipadOS 16.2

My understanding is that this was fixed years ago [1]. If you’re still seeing this problem, you should file a new bug about it.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Although, to my shame, I never got around to actually verifying the fix myself )-:

• You are right, the described problem is fixed. Unfortunately, I'm facing a slightly different problem, the app name is not localizing specifically in this alert.

FB12054645

Add a Comment