Xcode 8 Beta error launching simulator

I have been having a problem with Xcode 8 beta where it won't launch my project on the simulator. It gives a code sign error 1 and has the following text in the error screen: "resource fork, finder information, or similar detritus not allowed". I have not added anything since I transitioned to the Beta and it worked fine on the previous release of XCode. Any thoughts on what to do to fix this?

My project is using Swift 2.3, not Swift 3. I have a dedicated development profile for the app that appears to be fine (the "signing" fields for my target list the profile as "enabled" so I assume that means it checks out). Not sure how to resolve this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Accepted Reply

I fixed this issue by removing the resource info on some photoshop created png files that I manually copy into my application bundle.

You can use "ls -al@ file_names" to see the extra finder and resource info.

You can use "xattr -c file_names" to remove this info.

Replies

Wow, thanks. I would have never figured that out!

For those unfamiliar with the command line, open Terminal.app, type "cd" and a space, then drag the folder where your file is, from a Finder window right into Terminal. The path to the folder will be entered after the "cd" part. Next, hit enter, then type:

xattr -d com.apple.FinderInfo <your filename here>

...and hit enter again.

hope this can help...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cleandetritus/id1161108431?ls=1&mt=12

wow! perfect!

thanks man for detail step

Thank you. This helped me, but I don't know this command means. Can you explain for me?

This seems to have helped people. I have this problem but I don't understand the solution.

You saved my sanity. Thank so much!

Thanks a lots! Althought I still don't know how to use those "ls -al@*" code to solve the problem.

But I finally know where the problem is and find the way out! Thank you again!

The way I solved it:

- open terminal

- go to the directory where the .png are (cd folder/)

- type the command after the $ prompt:

$ xattr -lr

this will list all the files attributes

$ xattr -cr

the xattr command (extension attributes), with c parameter (to clear extended attributes) on those files will delete the extended attributes