Can't run application on any simulator of XCode 9 beta

Intsalled XCode 9 beta, trying run my app on simulator, getting just black screen: http://imgur.com/a/4HKsJ

Accepted Reply

There is an issue covered in the release notes:

Simulator devices will show as all black on some hardware. (32436030)

Workaround: Try

defaults write com.apple.CoreSimulator.IndigoFramebufferServices FramebufferRendererHint 1
to force use of Metal. If that doesn't work, try 2 (force use of OpenCL).

Replies

There is an issue covered in the release notes:

Simulator devices will show as all black on some hardware. (32436030)

Workaround: Try

defaults write com.apple.CoreSimulator.IndigoFramebufferServices FramebufferRendererHint 1
to force use of Metal. If that doesn't work, try 2 (force use of OpenCL).

Thanks for answer.

I almost sure it's hardware problem, because i'm using "hackintosh" with NVIDIA 980Ti, already had problems with Instruments of XCode (solved by signing video driver).

Tryed both choices you suggested, but no success, screen of simulator is still black...

Any chance to solve it?

"A link to the appropriate instructions in the Release notes would be nice.

I cannot find anything like your solution in

https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_9_beta_4/Xcode_9_beta_4_Release_Notes.pdf

Searching for "32436030" finds that this was supposedly fixed in Beta 3.

From the answer above it is difficult to figure out what I'm supposed to do, and where.

Better help would be appreciated.

I tried:

"defaults write com.apple.CoreSimulator.IndigoFramebufferServices FramebufferRendererHint 2"

And '1'.

In terminal.

I didn't need sudo.

But it didn't make any difference.

Black screen and then eventually closes the simulated phone, but keeps the app in the menu bar until I quit it.

Hopefully the above change to defaults hasn't broken my Xcode 8 Simulator.

And I have Xcode:

"Version 9.0 beta 4 (9M189t)"

I'm running macOS 10.12.5 (16F73).

This appears to be fixed in Beta 5!

No it's not.
It also affects my real Apple Watch Series 2 device...

I would recommend trying it on real Apple hardware. We can't offer support for pirate installations of macOS.

You definitely have a different problem. Please file a bug report about your device. You can find instructions and debug logging profiles at https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/

Where do i wrote com.apple...? This is a joke laptop and imac not working

Please start a new thread for whatever issue you are having with a full explanation. It's not quite clear what you are trying to say here.

Im new to all this...

where to I place this code please? Is it to be placed ViewController.swift? Thank you

I'm Having the same issue.

I just updated to Xcode 14.1 Mac OS: 13.0 (22A380) Mac book pro M1

App is running for the first time after launching simulator without issue. But when I stop the Xcode and try to re-run, app becomes black on simulator, and Xcode can not launch it. I have to kill the simulator and re-run the app each time.

I did:

With 1, 2, 3 at the end but it is not working.

Any update? Thanks