Time machine backup fails in High Sierra

After installing 10.13 Beta (17A264c) all time machine backups fail with the following message:

Time Machine couldn’t complete the backup to “Backup”.

Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder.

Tried backing up from zero on a new disk and incremental backups to existing backup disk...comes back with the same error message

Replies

Same problem.....

I freed so much of my Mac's storage but I can't backup on my external drive . The back up starts but just before completing stops. I have tried for days now with two external drives (one of which is 1Gb and brand new), and STILL it's not working ! I also wipe all the backups of one of the two drives. Not working: the time machine starts the backup BUT doesnt complete it -- so my last back up is from August 2017 before upgrading to High Sierra.

Dont know what to do...

I am also having problems using Synology NAS as a destination for time machine since upgrading iMac (late 2014) to High Sierra. I keeping getting the issue that the time machine sparse bundle is locked and the only way to resolve it seems to be to restart the iMac. On my mac book using the same Synology NAS i'm not getting this issues