Application Loader "There was a problem retrieving the metadata"

Hello,

I am currently in the process of uploading hosted content IAP pkg files via Application Loader.

I log-in, then press "New In-App Purchases". From here, I see the list of my registered iTunes Connect apps.

I select the app that has the IAPs waiting for upload, then press "Manage".

An error is displayed: "There was a problem retrieving the metadata", followed by "No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier '***' is correct.". If I try the same with the other apps, I get the exact same error. I was able to upload an IAP few weeks ago and it worked perfectly.

I wonder how it can check for the bundle identifier since I'm not even able to upload my pkg file. The app is not currently available on the App Store (only via TestFlight), but I have no issue upload new builds regularly.

I double checked everything on my App ID, certificates, in-app purchases metadata and everything is OK.

Is there a known issue with the Application Loader right now ? I couldn't find any relevant information.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mathieu.

Replies

Same error here. App does exist, I am an admin.

I'm getting that error now as well.

Same here. App exists, and I am an admin.

I get things are "evolving"?

Same here too!

Another 2 days have gone by since my last post. I continue to get the same error message. The senior advisor who promised to call me last Tuesday still has not done so.

Guys, If Apple is not fixing this, then i think they are coming up with someting different business model or some new tool. So they are just ignoring this issue.

Anyways 🙂 🙂🙂 below is working from me. I posted this solution two weeks back.

Since March 17th (first reported date of this issue) to date i have uploaded 18 In-App purchases with hosted content and all of them are getting approved.

Just follow the below instructions. This is the only way left for us until Apple fixes the root issue.

1. Open 'Application Loader' > 'File' > 'Open App Import Template....'

This will generate a dummy template with 3-4 records (Consumable, Non-Consumable, Non Renew, Auto Renew) at unknow junk location.

Copy this file to different location, then modify the template with your in-app purchase type and details in it. Retain the header (first line) of the template as is

Its a TAB separated file. Delete the unwanted records.

2. In Application Loader - Select 'New In-App Purchase' image and then click on 'Import' button and upload the above file.

3. Boom... it will skip the initial page which is causing problem and will directly take you to the next In-App screen, there you can re edit, change the image, price, hosted content path, description etc and then click on 'Delivery' button. Happly it will accept and uploades to iTunes.

Thanks

Aaru

Here is my update:

4 weeks ago today, one of my in-app purchase uploads got stuck in the "processing" stage. Today, it is still stuck. In the meanwhile, Application Loader continues to produce the error mentioned earlier.

Thanks!

Finally! It's working! It took almost a month 😀

Yes , it is working, faint

I can now get past the screen that was producing the error message. At first I thought that a new problem had developed because it took 45 seconds to get to the list of currently-defined in-app purchases. This list used to appear almost instantly but I can live with this if I am actually able to upload in-app purchases. I'll try that next. In the meanwhile, I still have an in-app purchase stuck in the processing stage (for about 30 days).

😁😁😁 It works now...

Thanks Apple, finally you listened us.

Have you tried to reupload it?

Upload ipa file recommended Appuploade this tool, the software can even upload ipa on Windows computers, without the need to use the Mac computer, the most important thing is that he can upload the ipa file to iTunes Connect faster. Very useful iOS aids. Appuploade can also help create iOS certificates

Yes I was facing the same issue but after spending some time. I can find the solution.

You don't have to open Application Loader direction from Application folder. Open it from XCode.

As like mentioned in Apple Document content.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnect_Guide/Chapters/UploadingBinariesforanApp.html

Specially read "Using Application Loader" section.