IOS 11 Beta 4 system keeps growing till storage is full

On my ipad with the beta installed, my storage keeps growing as "Other". Looking in Storage, it's being taken up as "System", currently at 17GB. If i unload apps or delete data, system to just grows to fill the space. The only way to fix it is to backup and restore, but then the problem returns. I can use it for a week or two. Causes all sorts of problems, i can't even start feedback to submit a problem to apple with all the diagnostic data.

Accepted Reply

Huh, expanding on what Sayl0mand0r said: Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Share iPhone Analytics And turn the option off. That completely solved the issue for me. Probably not what Apple would like, but it's unreasonable the number of files that where being kept there.

Replies

Can't verify this as it just stopped happening, a beta or two after I got the problem. This sounds right though, I remember looking for the option briefly, but also assumed analytics were needed for beta. If anyone has issues still, post.

Hi folks,

Any additional insights into this problem?

I'm running the release version of iOS 11.0.3 and am experiencing this problem on both my iPhone SE and iPad Pro. System analytics were not turned on in the first place. My iPhone had 3GB free yesterday, and today it is full. Both devices are using >7GB for system files and appear to be expanding to fill the device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I’m having the same issue, turned off analytics, erased my phone, restored from iCloud backup, and took the Public Beta 5 update. System has already grown 3-4 gbs since yesterday. It’s grown 100mb or so in the last five hours without taking any new updates or turning on analytics. So weird. I’ve started screenshotting to track the growth.

Same here.

Phone is unusable.

Can't even launch some apps, as the huge System file leaves me ~100MB free space...

HELP!!!!