Apple please do something about iOS 11 sandbox failure fiasco

So with IOS 11, sandbox purchases is just totally broken.

There's a thread from June first reporting this problem https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/80560.That was 4 months ago and still the problem persists.

I have several devices with iOS 11 installed on them, I also have several existing sandbox test IDs and have created several new ones to try to get things to work.

Not one single combination of device with existing id nor new id works. Every time the attempted purchase fails. Nor does the workaround provided in the thread above work.

*** 100% failure rate with iOS 11***

I still have one device with iOS 10 installed, *every* single combination of purchase with every sandbox id works.

***100% success rate with iOS 10 using the exact same app and product ids and apple ids as used when iOS 11 attempts fail ***

That tells its own story. Need I say any more, except to ask and plead when will this be fixed?

Replies

Me too, same problem ever since I updated to iOS 11 GM Seed.

Having the same problem.

Apple?! Did you test your own stuff?!

If you want Apple to acknowledge this you will have to create a bug report & provide any data Apple might need to validate the issue @ bugreport.apple.com as the developer forum is not the place to do so...

we same problem! apple plz asap fix this...

Same, first it asks for id and password, second time fails with error 0.

I have the same issue. Started develoment with latest XCode 9 & iOS 11.

In App Purchase doesnt works.

First it asks for id and password. again it asks for id and password. and then "Could not connect to iTunes store" with SandBox environment...

Apple pls help.

I solved this problem so:
1. Make a real mail. But NOT iTunes ID.
2. Add this mail to test mails (HockeyApp or what do you use).
3. Log in in Settings in this mail. You've got fail, because Apple will ask you about credit card. Cancel this and you will stay logged in in Settings.
4. Go to you app. Try to pay. An app will ask you only a password. After you enter a password - sandbox will work.
5. If not. Try once again. It started to work for me from the second try.

Hope it will be helpful.
The same with TestFlight. Stay Logged In first in setting before making purcheses in your app.

There's been a couple of people posting this or similar as a solution.

BUT in my exerience:

1) firstly, it only works once per id. Correct me if I am wrong, but whenever I try this or similar solution I get it work once but then never again. If you can get it to work multiple times for the same id how do you do so?

(I testing automatically renewing subscriptions, with iOS 10 the same id can be used over and over and over again after the subscription expires. But with this iOS 11 workaround the id can only be used once for this type of subscription).

2) secondly, the Apple documentation tells you not to do this, it states:

"Important: Don’t use your test user account to sign in to the production environment. If you do, the test user account becomes invalid and can no longer be used."

Which probably also explains point 1).

Therefore its a partial workaround. If you have to run tests 100 times per day, and thus have to create 100 different emails and 100 different ids each day, then that is unfeasiable.

I'm having exactly the same issue too. iOS 11 asks for credentials twice then fails. Same code/app works perfectly on iOS 9.3.5 and iOS 10.3.3.

I lodged Bug Report 34850729 if anybody's interested in lodging their own too and cross-referencing so Apple knows there are more than one of us having this problem.

Previously I was using sandbox test user accounts in the same App Store territory (not United States) as my device is connecting from. This wasn't working, as described above.

I just tried creating a sandbox test user account in the United States App Store territory and connected my device to the internet via VPN tunnelled to the United States. It works! (It brings up a dialog warning that you'll be switched to a different App Store, and then works from that point, for multiple purchases using the same test account.)

So it looks like the non-US App Store sandbox is broken. Hopefully this doesn't mean that production non-US App Stores are broken too...

You are lucky. The US app store sandbox is still broken, at least for me it is. Shrug. This is seriously harshing my mood now. How can I ship a new version of my app after introducing new IAP products and UI if I cannot test it?

I think this might be starting to affect App Review as well, I just had an app rejected because of app reviewer failed to purchase IAP.

Maybe he was using a sandbox account as well on iOS 11.0.3

Kind of an old thread but has this been fixed yet? I am not able to get a single app or test user to work and its making me nuts thinking its me.

You need to confirm your test id in the confirmation mail you receive after creating a test user

If App Review ever rejects an In-App Purchase application where it's clear to you that the failure was because the SKProductsRequest failed to validate the In-App Purchase identifier, please send me a note with the app ID that this happened. I will review the rejection, and if the evidence is there that the SKProductsRequest failed, I will send a request to my App Review contact to perform a second review.

If the App Reviewer indicates that the application crashed during the review, this is a different issue. It may be that the SKProductsRequest failed and the app made use of an invalid identifier in the addPayment call and crashed. In this case, fix the issue and resubmit the application.

Please do not contact me to interceed on any other App Review rejections.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI