Vocal acoustic biomarkers and mental health disorders diagnosis

Hi, I’m a member of team, which realizes new international project. Few months ago we’ve launched the startup, which is, going to create a system allows checking and monitoring mental health. In this project we cooperate with Cembridge University, we use AI system from IBM and great achivements of Beyond Verbal. We’re going to analyze 3 streams of data and one of those streams is a personal voice markers. We’ve got very sophisticated software that can diagnose mental health just from the voice of speaking person.

The most important is to listen user when he’s using the phone in a natural way (communicators, calls, mails, etc.). His own way. We’re not interested in the conversation and even in its content. Our approach is based on the assumed mechanism of listening and understanding emotions through intonation.

The best moment to gather verbal data is phone call. And here appears a serious issue because Apple is blocking recording during a call (it doesn’t matter if it’s a phone call or VoIP call with e.g. whatsApp, FB communicator or Skype).

Because it's a medical project and we're going to use research kit to gather and analze data, we decided to ask for help here. We're lookin for solution which helps us to gather necessary verbal data and solve this issue.

Dave

Replies

This is not the forum for such discussions, as these forums are for pure technical questions nor will Apple provide such abilities to record telephone conversions for privacy reasons.

OK, thank you. Could you suggest the right place/forum for this kind of issues?

By the way, from our point of view there's no privacy problem, we're going to listen just the owner of phone - the person who is aware and accepted such conditions. Maybe my english isn't very god, but I'd like to say it again We’re not interested in the conversation and even in its content. Our approach is based on the assumed mechanism of listening and understanding emotions through intonation.

Maybe you could suggest someone with whom should I discuss my issue and explain that we’re going to create an analytical software that allows to diagnose many mental disease, depression, anxiety disorder and more. That is a great possibility for Apple to help us develop this state-of-the-art AI solution.

Thank you at advance.

Dave