watch notifications: app icons not appearing

Since iOS 11/Watch OS 4, my app's icon is not appearing in the short or long look notifications on the Apple Watch. These notifications do not use a custom interface, they are simply notifications mirrored from phone. I have added all possible app icons for the app in the asset catalog (including Apple Watch icons), but the icon is still missing. It looks like an Apple bug to me, but I wanted to ask in case someone knows if there is a solution for this in iOS 11/Watch OS 4. Thanks.

Accepted Reply

watchOS 4.1/ iOS 11.1 resolved this issue for me 🙂

Replies

I have the same issue. However I cannot access that link above. What is the fix for this?

I’m having the same issue with Snapchat. The notification is mirrored from the iPhone. I tried multiple times to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. Unfortunately same result.

Same issues here with Facebook and other apps...How can we fix that?

Same issue here...

Found this already :

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/228061/missing-app-icons-on-apple-watch

But having issues with apps that don't have a watch app but are showing notifications on the watch without an icon

It says I can't go here because access is restricted.

I am having the same issue. Snapchat and a few other apps won't show an icon. It is just blank. Please help!

Got the same problem here after updating to iOS 11 on iPhone and Watch OS 4 on my 1st gen Apple Watch, doing my head in!!

Hi,

I am having the same issue with Snapchat. I am getting a grey default icon when I got a mirrored notification. I am on latest iOS & WatchOS release.

Thanks,

Noah

It also curious to me

Got exactly the same issue going on, tried all the go to fixes I.e force restart, uninstall then reinstall etc but still not getting icons appear for notifications on the watch.

I am having the same problem on series 3 Watch. Snapchat is coming up as a blank grey icon.

Same here. Started happening after the last (minor) os updates. Has anyone reported this to Apple?

Happening with both my Series 3 and my old Series 1 that I gave to my sister.

Having the exact same issue here with apps like Snapchat and Twitter. really hoping Apple comes out with a patch soon, or if anyone has a fix? Thanks