Upload iOS 11 Apps: app icon failure

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following errors about App Icon while I try to upload a build with Xcode 9 beta 6 for testing purposes with TestFlight.

iTunes Store Operation Failed
description length:6193045

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

This is an app, that we submit at least every two weeks and the app icons didn't change this year. Checked the bundle and it contains the app icons and they are png with the correct size.

Any advice?

Replies

Still have problems with MacOS 10.13.1 Beta, and Xcode 9.1 Beta

Same issue here. Please fix this asap...

thatnks! this worked!

why is this STILL a problem ???

sort your SH1t out apple

Could it be related to this other bug?

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/249345

I've tried the various fixes associated with the other bug and none worked for me. YMMV.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/46495761/5721541

I'm seeing this issue too, running High Sierra. Like one other comment noted, my build has multiple targets - possibly the issue relates to this?

I'm going to submit a 'technical support incident', so that hopefully the issue is escalated to the appropriate level (not being able to submit a build is a pretty nasty bug). Would suggest others in this situation do the same, the more people doing this, the more likely Apple is to take notice.

I have the same issue. Hopefully Apple is fixing this very fast!

I'm having the same issue after I updated to High sierra.

System Version: macOS 10.13 (17A365)

Version 9.0 (9A235)

Please fix this quickly!!!!

We have the same issue, We have already added below icon files into the images.xcassets->AppIcon

It would be helpful for us if it get resolved as soon as possible.

Go to menu Product > Archive, right click on your new build > Show in Finder.

Open Terminal and change to Archive: (type cd + space, drag your new build *.xcarchive

cd /Users/[user]/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/[***].xcarchive

Using @stubyte's code:

find Products/ -name Info.plist -print0 | xargs -0n1 plutil -replace BuildMachineOSBuild -string 16A323

Go back to Xcode > Windows > Organizer > Upload to App Store...

Fixed:

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0."

Still warning

WARNING ITMS-90704: "Missing Marketing Icon. iOS Apps must include a 1024x1024px Marketing Icon in PNG format. Apps that do not include the Marketing Icon cannot be submitted for App Review or Beta App Review."

This temporary solution is working for me.

Ive been messing with this since last friday.

What eventually seemed to work for me (in 2 cases, or they fixed a few minutes ago) was clicking Validate instead of Export.

And then Export from the validation prompt/screen and upload using the Application Loader.

Hope this works for anyone else aswell, Apple needs to get their stuff together.

Thanks for the hint, but did not work for me 😟

Thanks. Certainly works, but as you note, still gives warning on the marketing icon.