Upload iOS 11 Apps: app icon failure

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following errors about App Icon while I try to upload a build with Xcode 9 beta 6 for testing purposes with TestFlight.

iTunes Store Operation Failed
description length:6193045

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

This is an app, that we submit at least every two weeks and the app icons didn't change this year. Checked the bundle and it contains the app icons and they are png with the correct size.

Any advice?

Replies

I had this warning as well. But have had an app successfully reviewed and released. So hopefully you can just ignore it.

We had these errors submitting the build under macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Build was succefully submited under macOS 10.12.6

I have the same issue, need a fix asap!!

It's not fixed for me?

I had to submit another app today that targets iOS 9 and up, and that went through no problem. The app I'm having issues with targets iOS 10 and up. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

I got the same error.

Using @stubyte's code:

find Products/ -name Info.plist -print0 | xargs -0n1 plutil -replace BuildMachineOSBuild -string 16A323

Helped. But just as PetrFromRnD we got:

Missing Marketing Icon - iOS Apps must include a 1024x1024px Marketing Icon in PNG format. Apps that do not include the Marketing Icon cannot be submitted for App Review or Beta App Review.

We have a PNG of 1024x1024 px for the app store, but...

Despite that we were able to distribute the app trough testflight.

I tried to apply the same to our watch app, but I still continue to see an error. Any insights into if the watch would need additional plist changes?

It's a mess an I've lost 8 hours trying everything. The command works well - at least some error messages disappeared, but it still the WatchApp failed ant the warning of the Marketing Image drives me crazy. Only solution for me so far: submit with Xcode 9 under MacOS Sierra and avoid High Sierra 😠

Same problem here. I hope they fix this soon.

Same issue here.

This is the only solution that worked for me.

I used this and got my app approved despite the marketing icon warning!

OK Apple, this is still happening with the official release of High Sierra and App Store version of Xcode 9. Can you please acknowledge and fix this???

I ran into this problem, and noticed it was only for an app which had a second target (Importer extension). I've temporarily taken this out and the update uploaded ok. For me it is a workaround until they fix the problem

I have another app, with an extension, that submitted just fine on the same system that is producing this error for my other app. There is definitely a pattern here, just really difficult to figure out what it is. Hopefully Apple chooses to fix this instead of us figuring out the exact cases where it's failing.

Just chiming in to add my voice to the roar...

Apple, why can't you get this right? The app submission process has NEVER been smooth. You've had 10 years to improve it and yet you sit on your laurels and let the problems fester simply because YOU CAN.

The icons your analysis says are missing are there. I need to get this beta out for testing by EOD and this is making me look bad.