Xcode 9 GM doesn't recognize me as part of a team (ITMS-4088)

I'm trying to upload my app to iTunes Connect, but I'm getting the following error

ERROR ITMS-4088: "The organization [My name] does not have permission to modify the application with the Apple ID [My app ID]. Please try again, using an account for an organization with access to this application." at SoftwareAssets

Now, I'm using a particular Apple ID to login who is an Agent in my own dev account and an admin on another dev account's team so I think that's probably what's causing the confusion, but I don't think this should happen as the same account worked fine before

I'm running Xcode 9 GM (9A235) on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

Replies

It now works for me. Thank you. 🙂

I take that back... the problem is now happening again 😟

Yeah, whatever person on the Xcode development team took out the simple account selection dialog that was in Xcode 8 should be FIRED! This should never have been released like this.

The only reliable solution I found was to delete ALL other accounts but the one I need to upload the current application with from my Accounts tab in Preferences.

And yes, I reported the bug using : https://bugreport.apple.com/ back on the 15th when it first happened to me and haven't heard a peep from them.

Still experiencing this issue.

I am totally screwed with this. I trust you know what you are doing with High Sierra and I updated the same day you released because everything was working well with Xcode 9 beta but now I can't even upload a new build from my computer.

I have to ask my boss to upload the new build just because he didn't update yet.

I have 3 different errors with High Sierra depending if I use my account or my boss account.

The errors are:

• ITMS-4088
  • ITMS-90022
  • ITMS-90704

The sad part is All the images for icons are in the Images.xcassets and iTunes Connect still giving me one of those errors.

I am having this exact same problem. I am totally blocked by this issue and I cannot release anything to testflight or Itunes connect.

Furthermore, when I attempt to use the application loader, I continue to recieve error (this might be a separate issue) with validation errors for app icons that have been defined. All the assets are there, copied as part of the asset catalog.

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0."

ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."

ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0."

The problem went away yesterday but now it is back and I cannot submit anything again.

The problem is not fixed!

This still doesn't work.

TL;DR of the thread so far:

* Sep 14-26: Tons of people are getting ITMS-4088 and are unable to upload apps

* Sep 26: Apple employee commented (after 12 days) that it's now fixed (server-side)

* Sep 27: One person confirms that this is working now then takes it back

* Sep 27-28: People continue commenting that this hasn't been fixed

What a mess!

Still happening after supposed server-side fix. Organization A and B switching.

Burned the last hour on this before I saw this thread 😟

...common apple, the process is just never smooth

It worked the one time (can't explain why) and since then this error appears. Xcode 9.0 (9A235)

BS Apple. There are too many people dependent on your tools to mess this up. Fix it.

This still doesn't work