Upload iOS 11 Apps: app icon failure

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following errors about App Icon while I try to upload a build with Xcode 9 beta 6 for testing purposes with TestFlight.

iTunes Store Operation Failed
description length:6193045

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

This is an app, that we submit at least every two weeks and the app icons didn't change this year. Checked the bundle and it contains the app icons and they are png with the correct size.

Any advice?

Replies

It was a High Sierra issue for me. I managed to work around this by running below over the .xcarchive before submitting.

find Products/ -name Info.plist -print0 | xargs -0n1 plutil -replace BuildMachineOSBuild -string 16A323

@stubyte awesome, this works perfectly for me now. Thanks man

Glad it helped!

Thanks, it work!!

This is the answer. I switched off High Sierra and got my distribution key on a Sierra machine, and was able to submit with Xcode 9 no issues.

Thanks so much for finding this. Looks like High Sierra is not ready yet.

same problem here.

I've tried uploading my app on a HFS+ High sierra machine without any problem, so I am thinking maybe this is a APFS bug.

BTW, @stubyte 's walkarond solution also works for me, too.

This worked for me

This helped me, but I'm still getting a warning (soft error) about the 1024px marketing icon... which is in fact in the Asset catalog. 😕

Doesn't help mate, in most cases the app will pass the validation process separatly but not the one from the export

yes - me too - couldn't find any helpful solution yet

I just updated to High Sierra via the Mac App Store and am still having this issue. None of the solutions in this thread have worked... Does anyone have any other ideas? Pretty desperate at this point. Currently deleted Xcode entirely and am trying to install latest version from App Store even though I had the GM which I believe was same build.

Update:

stubyte's solution allowed me to upload, but thats incredibly frustrating. I really hope someone at Apple is aware of this thread.

I have the same prolem.

Running XCode 9 and latest GM High Sierra.

So far, none of the solutions have worked.

@vladimirdanila 's solution works for Xcode 9 GM version.

However, after updating to the App Store version (published on Sep 19, 2017), the bug is fixed!

Thanks for posting this

We have similar problem, too. We can upload from Xcode 9 reelase (Sierra) without any issues. But then we have email with

Missing Marketing Icon - iOS Apps must include a 1024x1024px Marketing Icon in PNG format. Apps that do not include the Marketing Icon cannot be submitted for App Review or Beta App Review.

We of course setted App Store Icon in Xcode.

We inspected ipa and archive that we uploaded to Apple. There are no 1024*1024 icon inside it. Looks like Xcode 9 doesnt copy 1024*0124 icon to archive and ipa.