High Sierra Beta 8 Install Issues

I upgraded my 13" MacBook Pro (the first model with the touch bar) today from Sierra to the newest High Sierra Beta. My SSD has FIleVault turned on.

After rebooting, when I enter my password to unlock the hard drive, it shakes no. I'm 100% I'm entering the correct password.

After a moment, it displays the message "If you're having a problem entering you password, press and hold the power button on your Mac to shut it down. Then press it again to start up in the Recovery OS." So, I follow these instructions and startup in the Recovery OS.

I'm presented with the following options and I've tried all 3 and nothing helps ...

1 - I forgot my password. (For reasons I can't remember, possibly that I'm an *****, I didn't store my recovery key in iCloud.)

2 - My password doesn't work when logging in. (For this option, it asks me to enter my password to unlock my boot volume and it works. Then it asks me to select a user to reset the password for, and I select the only user I have defined. it asks me to enter my iCould password and I do. I have 2FA turned on and I enter the activation code. It then asks me to enter a new password. I enter it and I get the following message: "Credentials could not be verified username or password is invalid")

3 - My keyboard isn't working when typing my password to log in. (With this option, I'm prompted to enter my password to disable FileVault. If I enter a wrong password, it shakes no. If I enter my correct password and click Next, a dialog displays asking if I'm sure I want to disable FileVault on my volume. I click the button indicating I do, and it says my volume has been decrypted, but I still can't login!!! I'm still prompted for a password immediately on boot and it doesn't accept the password that I'm 100% sure is correct.)

I've also just booted straight into recovery and I'm able to mount my FIleVault volume in Disk Utility without issue using my password. I ran FirstAid and no problems were detected.

Does anyone have any ideas before I just **** the whole thing?

Replies

just restart with command R and it will boot into clean beta installation

I have the same problem as atl_chris and have tried the recovery environment. I can unlock my drive there (using the password that is rejected at boot), and I've tried reinstalling High Sierra, but no matter what I do I still end up at a boot screen that refuses to accept my password.

I even tried a recovery procedure that worked for a similar problem in earlier betas: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/80174 (bottom comment), but that also didn't help.

I've filed a bug with Apple and am waiting for them to respond before I just **** the filesystem and do a clean install.

where you able to resolve this? I am having the EXACT issue

Me too. Any help from anyone?

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/264029

Here are some very related discussion and I just recovered from this "disk password" issue.