Xcode 9 GM doesn't recognize me as part of a team (ITMS-4088)

I'm trying to upload my app to iTunes Connect, but I'm getting the following error

ERROR ITMS-4088: "The organization [My name] does not have permission to modify the application with the Apple ID [My app ID]. Please try again, using an account for an organization with access to this application." at SoftwareAssets

Now, I'm using a particular Apple ID to login who is an Agent in my own dev account and an admin on another dev account's team so I think that's probably what's causing the confusion, but I don't think this should happen as the same account worked fine before

I'm running Xcode 9 GM (9A235) on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

Replies

Thanks! That worked.

Just a reminder for everyone to submit bug reports: https://bugreport.apple.com/

Wow. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME Apple releases a new Xcode, it is a POS. I changed NOTHING in my app setup, a setup that has been uploading fine, and now I can't fix the stupid ITM-4088 errors.

Seriously, Apple? Do you do testing anymore?

Yup, same issue here. Reboot no dice. I was able to use Application Loader, but first had to update my Apple ID to create an 'App Specific Password' in order to use Application Loader. Ugh...

It is incredible that even after 6 days of launching the official version this continues to happen, I have the same problem of Team A and Team B.

I worked with AppLoader, thank you very much for the information

Same here!

Same problem here.

We have 2 organizations, same problem, Xcode picking the wrong one 😕 Using application loader did work for me too...

Version 9.0 (9A235)

But fixing for XCode, is urgent!

Me too. Wonder how long this list has to become before Apple responds. It's scary how little they care about their developers.

I'm having this problem as well. Application Loader works fine for me.

have the same problem - it must be GLOBAL

Apple will respond if everyone uses the proper channel: https://bugreport.apple.com/

Same problem here. This is really disappointing.

Same here. Export and then use Application Loader to upload the ipa as a work around.

Thank you for reporting this issue. This afternoon, we rolled out a servier side patch that should resolve this issue. Please try again and let us know if you're still experiencing this problem.