Hey,

I am trying to convert a keras model into a CoreML model.:

scale = 1./255
coreml_model = coremltools.converters.keras.convert(model,
                                                    input_names=['image'],
                                                    #output_names=['probs'],
                                                    image_input_names='image',
                                                    class_labels='classes.txt',
                                                    #predicted_feature_name='class',
                                                    image_scale=scale,
                                                    red_bias=-1,
                                                    green_bias=-1,
                                                    blue_bias=-1)

I get the following error:

429 blue_bias = blue_bias
430 gray_bias = gray_bias
431 image_scale = image_scale)
433 # Return the protobuf spec /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/coremltools/models/neural_network.pyc in set_pre_processing_parameters(self, image_input_names, is_bgr, red_bias, green_bias, blue_bias, gray_bias, image_scale)

1661 if input_.type.WhichOneof('Type') == 'multiArrayType':
1662 array_shape = tuple(input_.type.multiArrayType.shape)
-> 1663 channels, height, width = array_shape 
1664 if channels == 1: 
1665 input_.type.imageType.colorSpace = _FeatureTypes_pb2.ImageFeatureType.ColorSpace.Value('GRAYSCALE') 
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

I can't manage to get my model into Xcode the right way. It always shows MultiArray as input type instead of Image<RGB,224,224>.

The shape is right I guess (channel, height, width):

Neural Network compiler 315: 175 , name = dense_25__activation__, output shape : (C,H,W) = (468, 1, 1)

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Reply

Note that in Keras the data is specified as (height, width, channels) if you're using the TensorFlow back-end. So make sure your Keras model puts its data shapes in that order, not in (channels, height, width).

[Actually, this depends on the "image_data_format" setting in your ~/keras/keras.json config file.]

Replies

Note that in Keras the data is specified as (height, width, channels) if you're using the TensorFlow back-end. So make sure your Keras model puts its data shapes in that order, not in (channels, height, width).

[Actually, this depends on the "image_data_format" setting in your ~/keras/keras.json config file.]

From the error informaiton, it looked like your keras model's input is gray scale image. However you tyied to normalize the input as rgb image so as to cause the error.

Did you ever figure this out?

The output of my keras model following the tutorial can't be converted into an image because the model looks like this:

name: "image"

type {
multiArrayType {

shape: 3

dataType: DOUBLE

}

}

My keras.json:

{
    "epsilon": 1e-07,
    "floatx": "float32",
    "image_data_format": "channels_last",
    "backend": "tensorflow"
}

I'm using keras 2.0.4, tensorflow 1.1, coremltools 0.5.1, python 2.7

It seems to me that it is not generating the model correctly

this is not the error. What you mean is that the code says if channels equals 1 set the colorspace to grayscale.

test

test