iOS 11 Battery Life

I just noticed that the beta is hammering my battery on my 7 plus. I started about 4 hours ago with a full charged battery. Normal day to day functions dropped me to 40% in about 3 hours. Definitly more taxing than IOS10 at this point. It is something that they will need to address fairly soon I imagine.

Replies

Same here. ios 11 also deleted 7 months of my photos and videos in my icloud account as well. Be careful

The beta update absolutely destroyed my seven month old iPhone 7 Plus... Downgraded back to 10.3.3 but was left with a phone that no longer functions.

Cant say I have experienced anything like this with previous BETA builds I've installed on numerous devices but booked in with the apple store today to hussle a new phone... Needless to say I will never install another beta os. Very disapointed they could put out something so damaginging to hardware.

Agree! Since I started using iOS 11, my battery drains within 2-3 hours now when before I used to be able to go until the end of the day. I even got my battery replaced (other issues) but even the new battery drains way too quickly. As some of the other users have stated, my phone is also VERY HOT when used for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.

I have noticed this as well. Using Anker IQ charger definitely helps. I have started using my iPhone 7+ for geocaching and the navivation apps kill my battery in several hours. Using a backup battery helps but the phone gets hot enough to fry eggs...

Mine is even worse. On iOS 10 I would be on ESPN all day and it would still take me 8-10 hours for battery to die (heavy ESPN usage). With iOS 11 beta my phone goes from 100 to 0 in 2-3 hours. This only happens on safari.

Seeing the same issue on iPad and Iphone 6s

Me too. Battery drains very quickly. I currently have a 5s. Charges so fast and gets hot but battery life is bad. I got rid of the beta just because if the battery. Everything but the battery is great.

Just upgraded to beta 8. Whoa!!! Battery was at 99% 45 minutes ago. Now down to 48%. Seriously. If I could post a timelaise movie I would just to prove it. Honestly I do not remember this being this bad up through beta 7. My roommate had his phone plugged in all night. When he pulled it off the charger it said 36%. I checked his connection the battery icon green bar comes on so it’s draining while charging? I couldn’t believe my eyes. While we talked about it maybe 3 minutes it dropped to 17%. What??? We can’t be the only two developers having this issue. This is completely unacceptable especially for a beta just 2 weeks away from on world wide release

While I wrote that it went from 48% to 32%. Come on guys. Seriously. I haven’t even left for work yet. This isn’t going to make it another hour let alone my whole day

After updating to iOS 11, I was quite happy to explore some of the amazing features released by Apple in new update. While exploring it I noticed that my iPhone 7 battery drained too fast from 100% to almost 50% within half an hour. why apple is not working on this issue. When will they fix it?

Later on I searched on google about this and got some amazing ways to fix iOS 11 battery drain issues.

Within a month of Apple’s iOS 11 update, it was already installed on more devices than Oreo the latest version of Android. Apple’s iOS 11 is packed with plenty of new features, bug fixes, major interface overhaul (which everyone secretly hates!) and a lot more for iPhone and iPad users to enjoy. It’s not so sunny however, as many users are now running into iOS 11 battery life problems. Prior to the update, battery life lasted more than a day, almost two before needing to charge again.

Most of the complaints seem to be coming from people with older iPhone models like the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. There are plenty of iPhone 8 users aggravated by the battery drain. How to fix iOS 11 battery life problems? But dont worrry, Apple will release software updates to fix iOS 11 battery issues. In the meantime, you can try these few tricks and tips to fix iOS 11 battery problems.

same even when i dont even use it when i had ios 10 it last me long time

After months and months of beta, iOS 11 is finally here – and it’s a huge update. In particular, Apple has hidden many small features that can not be seen immediately.

If you want to impress all your friends with your MAD iOS skills, here is a list of some of these features. I also wrote a brief and sweet review of iOS 10 if you want to know more about all incoming changes with iOS 11.

Since I have (IOS 11) my battery life has gone so bad on my IPhone 8. I have charged it during the night, And then it has dropped to 2%. They really have to fix this.

Bettry life