Xcode 9 GM doesn't recognize me as part of a team (ITMS-4088)

I'm trying to upload my app to iTunes Connect, but I'm getting the following error

ERROR ITMS-4088: "The organization [My name] does not have permission to modify the application with the Apple ID [My app ID]. Please try again, using an account for an organization with access to this application." at SoftwareAssets

Now, I'm using a particular Apple ID to login who is an Agent in my own dev account and an admin on another dev account's team so I think that's probably what's causing the confusion, but I don't think this should happen as the same account worked fine before

I'm running Xcode 9 GM (9A235) on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29)

Replies

Same error here. I faught with Xcode 8 on Saturday trying to do an upload and even thought it allowed me to chooce which itunes connect account to use, it still wouldnt work. I ended up exporting and using the stand allone uploader. I have the latest 9 GM verson now and it doesnt even ask me to choose which account. It just tries the upload and then fails.

I've lost hours of my life on this already. Is there any plan to fix it or is the stand allone uploader going to be the only way to submit from now on?

Same issue here.

Uploading via the Application Launcher works for me!

For anyone who has yet to upload builds this way:

1. Archive normally
  2. Window -> Organizer -> Select the archive you wish to upload -> Export
  3. Open the exported folder to find YourAppName.ipa
  4. Select the Xcode menu on the top left (menu bar) -> Open Developer Tool -> Application Loader
  5. Select the appropriate team in the top left dropdown
  6. Follow the steps to choose your ipa file
  7. Upload

Same exact issue as everyone else. Why did Apple ship XCode with this massive failbug?

I am trying to get out of the team causing the issue but Apple provides no easy way to do that unless you are an admin of the team. So much fail.

Same here, fix it apple!

Same problem.

Uploading via the Application Loader works for me.

Same here. Obviously, Xcode is tring to use the wrong team during App submit.

Still same here.

But don't worry, Application Loader is working.

Export the Archive for the App Store and select the ipa in Application Loader.

Exact same issue here. This is getting on my nerves...

Also experiencing this. Application Loader seems to be my only option. :/

I am in the same boat. Application loader is the only option. It would he helpful to hear from someone at Apple about this!

i will add my name to the list of developers having this same exact issue. Application loader works fine since it allows me to select the account to use. it seems xcode just defaults to the account at the top of the list and does not allow you to select between your accounts.

Radar filed...

Any fix for this issue? I still keep getting the same error!

Same problem. Everything worked before and nothing was changed on our end. Has Apple publicly addressed this problem?