Upload iOS 11 Apps: app icon failure

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following errors about App Icon while I try to upload a build with Xcode 9 beta 6 for testing purposes with TestFlight.

iTunes Store Operation Failed
description length:6193045

ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."
ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."

This is an app, that we submit at least every two weeks and the app icons didn't change this year. Checked the bundle and it contains the app icons and they are png with the correct size.

Any advice?

Replies

I'm glad it helped 🙂!

I also had this issue, but fixed it by redragging in the 1024 app icon into the asset library, although I can't see when it was 'removed'. For what it is worth, I'm not using CocoaPods

oh, I saw in another thread -- I guess before I added that icon via the iTunes Connect interface, and now it is part of the asset library, which explains why I had made the art but it didn't show up in the assets before.

I solved this issue by using xcode 8 to submit my app.

So I basically have xcode 9 and 8 installed and use 9 to do the work.

1. Commit/Push changes via git

2. Close all simulators and xcode 9

3. Open project in xcode 8

4. Archive / Upload as usual

5. Revert any changes made by xcode 8 (git checkout .)

Rinse and Repeat.

One thing to do before going all in on the upload to the store is to perform a validation before the export.

This doens't work if iOS 11 API is used...

Open it in xcode, not a text editor

I'm having the same issue right now, the same icons being reported as missing.

The Cocoapods workaround doesn't work for me.

Does Apple has any saying on this?

I can use Xcode 9 GM to archive, and Xcode 8.3.2 to submit. And i use Cocoapods 1.1.1 as usual.

May be help~

Confirmed this worked for me as well. I was able to use this method with the latest application loader in xcode 9 GM and running on high sierra gm.

I was able to submit with Xcode 8 but got the dreaded failure email later with the same bloody fake errors.

Have the same issue, but the cocoapods solution does not resolve it. :/

Thanks for posting this. This is the only solution that worked for me also.

Was having the same issue while using High Sierra, used an old machine on Sierra and that worked without any issues.

Same problem - even with the GM Seed and and now public release of Xcode 9. I am not sure this is a pod issue. Images that are clearly defined within the app-icon are being called out as invalid or not present upon app store upload.