How do i enable Apple Pay in the UK (which went live today) with IOS 9 beta 3?

I know Apple Pay went live in the UK today (14th July). However it is not clear how this is "enabled" in IOS9 Beta 3, any ideas?

Accepted Reply

You will need:

• iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus (May need restart first)
  • iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 (for making in-app purchases only - May need restart first)
  • (Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus to use Apple Watch - [Unsupported in WatchOS 2 B3])
  • Your iPhone needs to be running iOS 8.3 or above
  • To have registered your fingerprint with Touch ID
  • An iCloud account
  • A credit or debit card from a supporting bank
  • Make sure your device’s region is set to the United Kingdom

Which banks are supporting Apple Pay at launch?

• NatWest
  • Nationwide Building Society
  • Royal Bank of Scotland
  • Santander
  • Ulster Bank
  • MBNA

1. Open Passbook/Wallet if you're using an iPhone for set up, or for an iPad go to Settings > Passbook/Wallet & Apple Pay.
  2. Add a debit or credit card by tapping the plus icon in the upper right hand corner [on iPhone] or select Add Credit or Debit Card on iPad.
  3. If the card you want to register is already linked with your iTunes account, you'll be prompted to enter its security code.
  4. If the card is not associated with the account, you can add it quickly to Passbook using the camera function. You will be required to add the security code on the card's rear.
  5. Select Next to send the information to your bank, which will verify your data.
  6. Select Next once more when the bank has approved your information, and you're ready to start using it.

Does the above not work for iOS 9 Beta 3?

Replies

You will need:

• iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus (May need restart first)
  • iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 (for making in-app purchases only - May need restart first)
  • (Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus to use Apple Watch - [Unsupported in WatchOS 2 B3])
  • Your iPhone needs to be running iOS 8.3 or above
  • To have registered your fingerprint with Touch ID
  • An iCloud account
  • A credit or debit card from a supporting bank
  • Make sure your device’s region is set to the United Kingdom

Which banks are supporting Apple Pay at launch?

• NatWest
  • Nationwide Building Society
  • Royal Bank of Scotland
  • Santander
  • Ulster Bank
  • MBNA

1. Open Passbook/Wallet if you're using an iPhone for set up, or for an iPad go to Settings > Passbook/Wallet & Apple Pay.
  2. Add a debit or credit card by tapping the plus icon in the upper right hand corner [on iPhone] or select Add Credit or Debit Card on iPad.
  3. If the card you want to register is already linked with your iTunes account, you'll be prompted to enter its security code.
  4. If the card is not associated with the account, you can add it quickly to Passbook using the camera function. You will be required to add the security code on the card's rear.
  5. Select Next to send the information to your bank, which will verify your data.
  6. Select Next once more when the bank has approved your information, and you're ready to start using it.

Does the above not work for iOS 9 Beta 3?

It works to add the card to the phone, but then tapping add in the watch app throws an error.

May be beta related maybe not....

Joe

WatchOS2 B3 doesn't support Apple Pay (Release Notes)

To add cards in ios9 B3 I had to change region to US and back to UK for it to show up in the wallet app

Says I can't change region if I have an active Apple Match subscription. Any work around for this? Adding a card is not showing up in Wallet for beta 3 uk region it seems?

Have you tried turning Apple Match (iCloud Music) off via the Music App settings first before switching regions?

All I did was restarted phone then wallet allowed me to add a card

Restrting doesn't help for me, still can't see anything relating to Apple Pay in the Wallet app... tapping plus only offers, "Scan code to Add a PAss" and "Find Apps for Wallet"

What device are you running ios9B3 on?

iPhone6

Turning off iTunes Match is no longer an option in Settings -> Music once you started Apple Music, it seems...

You should see an option thats now called iCloud Music Library toggle that off (Warning this will also remove any tracks that you have downloaded for apple music)

Have you tried doing a Hard Reset (Sleep + Home)?

Failing that - Backup - Re-install ios9B3 -Restore from Back Up

Strange bug as I also have Match subscription but this didn't cause any issues with the change of region