Exchange Activesync iOS 11 issues

Not able to connect to Exchange Activesync on iOS 11 using the Blackberry UEM Client app (App Store). All syncing items fail with an “Account error” - i.e. Calendar, contacts, mail, notes, reminders. Please investigate if possible. Thank you.

Replies

Nope.

I'm running ActiveSync via a NGINX Proxy with an Let's Encrypt certificate. That's SHA256 ...

I looked into that as well, but I've confirmed neither the Root CA cert or the one for owa use SHA-1. I have also noticed however if you turn SSL off in the advanced settings things seem to work fine. Obviously that's not a solution as you're then sending your password and all else clear text. Please Apple chime in!!

Was having the issue "The message was rejected by the server" yesterday but as of today the issue seems to be resolved. I am able to reply today but cannot forward emails with attachments included and without attachments. Is anyone else able to reply to emails now?

I can confirm reply works only if it doesn't include an inline image or attachment. Same with forwarding, if it's straight text mail goes through fine, add an image or attachment and you get "The message was rejected by the server". I have a feeling we'll be seeing a 11.1 release soon after, dev has had a terrible time crunch to support a variety of hardware/software combinations.

This is definitely still happening. I have ActiveSync logs that I can share with Dev hopefully they'll hit me back on that in response to bug report.

i am getting the same issue “ cannot send email, rejected by server..” etc.

the only way I can solve it is each time I have to go into settings, re-enter my exchange password, wait for it to be verified and then go to outbox and press send on the stuck email. Every time the email then is sent normally.

this is a mess but the workaround works, at least for me.

Yes try to update your Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway to TLS 1.2

• Starting in iOS 11, macOS 10.13, tvOS 11, and watchOS 4, TLS 1.2 ciphersuites defined in RFC 5246 will only be allowed with TLS version 1.2. RFC 5246 ciphersuites are disallowed in prior versions of TLS. For example, the TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 ciphersuite is not allowed when negotiating TLS 1.0. (33140907)

Checking in.....I’m unable to send exchange O365 email on the iOS 11GM. I have not figured out any sort of work around!

They need to fix this prior to production release or it will be crazy.

Please reply if you have a fix. Ty

I'm having a similar problem. I can send or reply without issues if the message doesn't have an attachment. If it does, I immediately get the rejected by server message. Out of curiosity, I turned off wifi (I'm on a 10.5" iPad Pro w/LTE) and the message with the attachment went through. There's nothing in my wifi settings that'd prevent mail attachments or anything, so now I'm really confused.

I also just tried sending an attachment from a non-Exchange account and it worked as it should, so it definitely seems to be Exchange-related.

A part of me makes me wonder if this is an issue with MS and change they made Exchange they made. Using our O365 account, we can no longer setup our Exchange accounts manually on our phones. We have to use automatic setup. However also on Android phones, we can no longer use manual setup using their default mail programs. There is no automatic setting so we have to redirect them to outlook for Android. That being said, Outlook for iOS or Android have to be using something differently that Mail.app to authenticate. It could be that support article that was referenced earlier in this thread. ***** because outlook for iOS doesn’t let me disable conversation view.

From what I gather, this mostly affects people who start from iOS 11. If you setup your account in iOS 10 and then upgraded to 11, it may not affect you. Still *****.

From what I've gathered and from what I've tested it seems this message can be displayed if you have an inline image or attachment. One example is if an email you are replying to or forwarding contains a signiture either generated from outlook or the exchange server with inline images or attachments you get the rejected by server message. When I removed those from the email trail I was able to reply and forward the email.

For me it appears to be about clickable links in emails, not all, and possibly focused on web or phone.

If I create a message, and have some URL and email references within, the message appears to always get rejected, until I cycle power flight mode off and on (once or twice).

If a create a new message, with no links, it sends without issue.

**This is killing me, I’ve tried using the Outlook client, but for me the native iOS map kills it, when it is working that is **

I thought I was going crazy. Same thing here With sending email replies or forwards with inline images or attachments to groups. In fact, if I delete th inline images, the email sends fine. Outlook on iOS 11 works fine. I wiped my iPad Pro with the GM of iOS 11 and have had thins problem since. iPhone on iOS 10.3.3 works fine as well. Hoping this gets resolved soon.