Key Assignments broken in Xcode beta

I downloaded the beta version of Xcode 9 today in order to try out Swift 4 I quickly stopped using it when I realized my key assignments no longer worked. Even though the key Assignments APPEARED too be assigned, they did not function. Specifically: I assign CMD-D to be "Delete Line" Try it. It won't work. There are others. Is this a bug or is Apple going to prevent us from using our own custom key Assignments in Xcode 9?

Accepted Reply

AFAICT, Command-D works as a custom equivalent for other functions, and other key equivalents do not work for Delete Line. This suggests to me that the new source editor doesn't support Delete Line at all, rather than this being a problem with key equivalents.

I guess for now there's nothing you can do except submit a bug report.

Replies

I have custom key assignments that work, so it's not a universal problem.

Note that Command-D is already assigned to Edit->Duplicate, so it's possible your assignment is being ignored to the conflict. The result behavior may differ from Xcode 8 because the conflict resolution rules have intentionally changed in the new source code editor, or it may be accidental.

I suggest you submit a bug report and see what comes back.

It is still broken. Key Assignments work correctly in Xcode 8 but do not function correctly in Xcode 9 Do this: Remove key assignment from Cmd D (duplicate) Then try to assign (Delete Line) to Cmd D This simply does NOT work in Xcode 9 However, this exact same action DOES work in Xcode 8 Something is broken.

AFAICT, Command-D works as a custom equivalent for other functions, and other key equivalents do not work for Delete Line. This suggests to me that the new source editor doesn't support Delete Line at all, rather than this being a problem with key equivalents.

I guess for now there's nothing you can do except submit a bug report.

I did not think to try assigning "delete line" to another key. That was a brilliant suggestion. Thank you. I'm not sure where to submit a bug report but I will look for it. It needs to be fixed for sure.

There's a link to the bug reporter in the bottom right corner of all forum pages.