LTE label instead of 4G on Apple devices

I'm an engineer of an Italian full MVNO, when the SIM attachs to the 4G network, the "4G" label is not displayed and on the mobile device I see "LTE".

The italian MNO we are connected explains that Apple maps into his carrier setting the operator parameters (as example the LTE/4G icon) based on the MNC (Mobile Network Code)

We suppose that our MNC (that is 49) is not present in the Apple carrier setting.

How can we communicato to Apple our MNC ?

Replies

You’ll need to escalate this via your carrier contact at Apple or, as seems to be the case here, have the carrier you’re working with escalate it via their contact at Apple. The interaction between iOS devices and carrier infrastructure is not something that we document or support via public channels.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi Eskimo,

we are the Carrier (a new mobile Italian carrier), we don't have a contact with Apple, that is the reason why I wrote this message.

How can we get in touch with right Apple contact for this issue?

Thanks in advance

Giorgio

How can we get in touch with right Apple contact for this issue?

I’m sorry but I don’t have any contact details for that. It sounds like you’re an MVNO, in which case I recommend that you escalate this with your ‘parent’ carrier.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"