Exchange Activesync iOS 11 issues

Not able to connect to Exchange Activesync on iOS 11 using the Blackberry UEM Client app (App Store). All syncing items fail with an “Account error” - i.e. Calendar, contacts, mail, notes, reminders. Please investigate if possible. Thank you.

Replies

the same Problem. iOS 11 Beta 10 Mail with Attachment cant be send

Error: Cannot Send Mail ( The message was rejected by the server )......

Same problem with the ninth beta public. Certificate authentication.

same here, not using certificate authentication. Mails with attachments fail to send. Strange thing is that it works fine with another Exchange Activesync account. Exchange servers all running Exchange 2016 CU6.

Outlook for ios works fine, only built-in mail client has issues.

Exchange activesync debug logs don’t show any errors so it’s not the server who rejects the mail. It’s happening client side, despite the error message stating otherwise.

Hi,

On our side EAS sync works with iOS 11 (Attachements also)

We had some issue with some IIS Web pages authentications with user certificates (SHA256).

I made IIS web pages working by rising up the security level, as it was already done on our Airwatch Secure Email Gateway front Web servers (Requested by our security team long time ago)

The requested changes are the same than the SSLlabs ones (Enable-TLS1.1-1.2 - DisableSSL2 - DisableSSL3 - DisableRC4 - DisableDiffie-Hellman)

I don't know which one fixed it, but now IIS web pages authentication work.

Hi, Interesting.. Regarding...

"When choosing Exchange to set up new Office 365 accounts, iOS 11 currently guides the user through the Modern Authentication flow. If the organization has blocked application access, the user will receive a notification to contact their administrator. "

... anyone know what Office365 "Modern Auth admin" configurations that are needed to unblock and allow iOS 11 (beta 8,9,10,+) native Mail app to work? or point us to a Microsoft KB article outlinging details.

(Note: User manualy configuration does not work in our Office 365 environment either - assume becasue of some O354 admin settings too).

We're seeing the same issues: can't forward/reply when emails have attachments. Works in Outlook for iOS just fine. When you say you got things to work by "rising up the security level"..what do you mean? We only have TLS 1.1-1.2 enabled, we've disabled SSL2 and SSL3...and we're using a cert that's SHA256. However, we're still having problems.

Even with the GM version the issue still exists. Can't sent e-mails with attachments or photos inserted.

We are also having the same problem. Testing with TMG 2010, Certificate Authentication, iOS11 GM and Exchange 2016 CU6.

Any ideas?

I had the same error message. I solved it following those steps:

- diagnosis: create a message setting the From field to your office 365 / exchange email. Save this message to draft by pressing 'cancel'. In my case the message was saved to the draft folder of another email account. The email address attached to this account was defined in my office 365 profile (Microsoft portal) as the alternate address.

- solution:

- set the alternate email address in your office 365 profile on the Microsoft portal to another account.

- on the iOS device:

- close Mail

- in System Preferences, delete both accounts.

- create office 365 account

- create other account

I am now able to send emails from my office 365 account. It looks like somewhere the configuration of the accounts got messed up. Deleting the office 365 account alone did not work. I had to delete both accounts.

I've tried this but no dice. Deleted all the accounts and added back on however it still won't sent Exchange / Office 365 emails which have attachments / images on them.

Cannot believe a bug like this got into the GM, it'll be a nightmare when they roll it out next week for loads of IT departments.

Same issue here, unable to forward or reply to HTML messages or those with attachments. iOS 11 Gold Master to an Exchange 2016 server. Have tried everything imaginable on both the client side as well as the exchange side. Rolled back to 10.3.3 and it worked flawlessly, other iOS 10.3.3 and even the Outlook app from MS work fine.

I have reported this a number of times through the feedback app yet bug still remains builds later. With 6, almost only 5 days to go something better be rolled into the final.

Same behavior here. I have two Exchange 2016 accounts on my phone. One works fine, one doesn't. Exchange servers are both same CU of Exchange. Deleting and readding does nothing. Neither does resetting network connections. This is going to be a DISASTER. APPLE PLEASE HELP US!!!!!

I’m also seeing this issue across a few people and at least 6 devices, I’m starting to worry that we have a wide spread issue. I’ve submitted a bug report #34428950.

"Summary: From Beta 10 and now with iOS 11 Gold Master, on three different devices I’m seeing constant error’s when sending emails using an Office 365 account. The error is “Cannot Send Mail The Message Was Rejected by the Server”. I have tried everything I can think of, including a full re-build of my iPhone and re-establish the account. I’m seeing this across my iPhone 7+, iPad Pro 12.9” and iPad Pro 10.5”. I have also noticed a number of forum posts and have two friends who have had this issue pop-up late in the beta. Steps to Reproduce: Just send an email from mail.app, using an account logged into Office 365. Gmail does not have this issue. Expected Results: Email should just send Actual Results: “Cannot Send Mail The message was rejected by the server” Version/Build: 11.0 (15A372) Configuration: iPhone 7+, two iPad Pro, office 365 over WIFI or CELL”

I hope we are wrong and this is a very isolated issue, but have a feeling that is not going to be the case.

Hi,

I fully agree to the desaster and unfortunately this does not look very isolated for me. I've put the IOS 11 GM into my production IPhone 6s and IPad Air2 on Tuesday and immediately I can't reply to emails on both devices with all Exchange accounts.That's a nightmare!

Email server is Kerio connect, and first I hoped this would be an isolated issue on the server side. But now I'm really shocked that also the "Microsoft original" shows this issue. 😕

Deleting and recreating an account does not help. On my devices I needed to switch off mail from the AS account and create "Emergency IMAP accounts", losing all push abilities. 😠

@ozsmacd: Can you keep us posted on responses to your ticket?

If I would be Apple I'd put some dev guys 24/7 on this to get this fixed and tested before the final rollout. Just thinking what I need to do with a small number on IOS devices on my server ... can't imagine a huge company running Exchange with hundreds of IOS devices deployed to it.

I have encountered a similar issue, checked the logs and I think I have a hunch at what it could be.

iOS 11 doesn't support SHA1 for TLS anymore, as per this article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207459, I am assuming we are using the SHA1 certs for ActiveSync and Exchange.

Could anyone check that this is the case?