2 Replies
      Latest reply: Sep 13, 2017 7:39 PM by czdev RSS
      czdev Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I get the error message below, when linking a static framework built on Xcode9 beta on Xcode8.

I know FileProvider comes from iOS11, but I do not use it in my framework.

Early I think this is a bug of Xcode9 beta, but today this still happened with Xcode9 GM

framework not found FileProvider for architecture arm64

Have also committed this to the bug reporter.

• Re: Framework built on Xcode9 are not working on Xcode8
          QuinceyMorris Level 7 Level 7 (3,960 points)

It could be a bug or incompatibility, but there are some other subtle problems in your project(s) that may be affecting you.

Incidentally, there is no such thing as a "static framework". A framework is a dynamic library packaged as a bundle. Perhaps you mean a private framework (a framework embedded in an app bundle, so not shared between apps, which is very common), or a static library (which is a collection of object files, a "library" in the Unix sense, not in the Apple sense).

— One possibility is that the deployment target got changed when you converted the framework project for Xcode 9. This might result in an incompatible build product.

— Another possibility is that your are not producing the framework using Archive (from the Product menu), but are trying to use the build product from a Build or Run operation. The difference is that Build might not build all of the CPU architectures that a finished (Archive'd) framework needs — the variant for "arm64" might actually be missing.

• Re: Framework built on Xcode9 are not working on Xcode8
              czdev Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

You are right about the "Static Framework" thing. That I mean is my private framework target which build in Mach-O Type "Static Library".

— One possibility is that the deployment target got changed when you converted the framework project for Xcode 9. This might result in an incompatible build product.

Thanks a lot, you led me to the answer.

Though I don't see any build settings difference in diff, but the default behavior of build settings seems to get changed.

I found a workaround for this issue, by setting the framework target build setting CLANG_MODULES_AUTOLINK's value from default YES to NO.

After all, Xcode9 should not link the FileProvider.framework by automatically even I didn't use it.