USB MIDI device not recognized by iOS 10.3 beta 1

We have a MIDI device connecting to iOS devices using the generic USB (camera) adapter.

As of iOS 10.3 beta 1, on a 12.9" iPad Pro, we are getting the message "This accessory is not supported by this iPad"

Any one else seeing this?

Is this a known problem with the beta that will be fixed?

Has there been a change in how MIDI devices connect?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

iOS 10.3 Beta 3 fixes it for me.

Replies

Hi there. Same issue here. My iPad mini 2 worked great with a Keystation88 midi keyboard, via USB to lightning generic adapter (not original). iOS was 9.3.x. I moved to another house, so I´ve been several months without using the iPad. When started again using it, I upgraded the iOS as recommended the iPad settings update notifications. And now... the keyboard works just for some seconds (20 or 30 seconds) and it stops with the message "The device is not supported by this iPad", or something like that.

Apple people, please... are you serious? I bought the iPad just for making music purposes... and a simple midi keyboard is not working??!!

And worst of all, it seems apple is not worrying about it, since I´ve read a little above that iOS 11 beta still has this error.

Apple this is killing me!!! FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX!!!!

How long do we have to wait? You know the issues thousands of us are having. Why has this not even be addressed in iOS 11? I've invested hundreds of dollars in apps and peripheral devices and a couple updates makes my music rig unuseable!

Yes

And to be clear once I leave iOS I won't be coming back. I don't think I will be alone either. I would feel differently if Apple would address the issues with some kind of clarification. There has been no official statement regarding the issues as far as i know. Bullocks!

I 'm also facing the same issue with my MIDI keyboard and a not original USB to lightning generic adapter. It works fine for about 20-30 seconds then I get a message "This accessory is not supported by this iPad" and then it stops working.
The adapter is obviously compatible! At least have the message say something honest like "This accessory is not an officially bought accessory" if that's the case, so I know where I stand the next time I will consider buying an Apple product.