snapshotViewAfterScreenUpdates return blank view on iPhone 7 simulator

I get blank view when using 'snapshotViewAfterScreenUpdates:' on iPhone 7 simulator, even with 'afterUpdates' set to false.

The same code works fine for all other devices/simulators, I don't have iPhone 7 yet so I can't check this bug on a real device.

This bug is consistent for different applications, with different Xcodes on different computers.

Did someone encountered the same problem? Is it a known issue?

Replies

Same problem here in the simulator. Works fine on the device.

Same problem here in the only iPhone 7 simulator, all other devices/simulators work fine .

I have not checked this bug on a real iPhone 7 device.

Ok guys, I confirm that it's a bug that come only in the iPhone 7 10.0 simulator. It works in iPhone 6 10.0 simulator and on real iPhone 7 10.0

Just FYI, still an issue in Xcode 8.0 (iPhone 7 simulators only -- works on other simulators and device, as others have confirmed).

I don't think there's been a radar filed about this by anyone (at least not one that I recall seeing). You should file a radar at http://bugreport.apple.com and include a sample project that exhibits the bug.

The problem still exists in Xcode 8.1. Assuming that no one filed a radar yet, I've done that now (#29016720). I hope it gets fixed soon, thanks :-)

Simply use Magic Trackpad 2 to force touch anything on the simulator, the 3D Touch preview view's background will be pure white.

Still not fixed in Xcode 8.2 beta 2.

Fouquet, any response from Apple on that radar? I just spent an hour trying to understand why all my animations were flashing white! Again, seeing it only on iPhone 7 simulator and none of the other simulators. So strange

I'm pretty sure iOS 10.2 still suffers from this issue. Not the response you were hoping for, I'm sure, but ... =/

Same problem occurs on iPhone7 simulator iOS10.1, everything goes fine on iPhone6 iOS10.1 and iPhone7 11.0. Though I've know there's an alternative way to get the view's screenshot correctly, anyone who has any idea about this bug? why it only happens on iPhone7 simulator iOS10.1 ??? I'm very curious.