IOS 11 Beta 4 system keeps growing till storage is full

On my ipad with the beta installed, my storage keeps growing as "Other". Looking in Storage, it's being taken up as "System", currently at 17GB. If i unload apps or delete data, system to just grows to fill the space. The only way to fix it is to backup and restore, but then the problem returns. I can use it for a week or two. Causes all sorts of problems, i can't even start feedback to submit a problem to apple with all the diagnostic data.

Accepted Reply

Huh, expanding on what Sayl0mand0r said: Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Share iPhone Analytics And turn the option off. That completely solved the issue for me. Probably not what Apple would like, but it's unreasonable the number of files that where being kept there.

Replies

I'm having the same issue on an iPhone 7 with iOS 11 beta (4, 5, and now 6).

Filed a bug report (rdar://33956346). Might be helpful to dup. this so it gets attention.

Same here. It's frustrating. I keep deleting photos and apps only to see the freed up space is used by System. Apple needs to really do a better job, if you need 12GB of system space, don't suggest to install beta software on a 16GB hard drive and don't produce phones that need 80% space to run you OS.

The funny thing is I backed up the phone to see if I restore the phone from the backup if that helps cleanup some unhandled system storage crap, when I try restore from backup, it says, iphone doesn't have enough space to restore from that back up. A simple question is, how is my backup larger than the phone where the backup came from? Since it's not letting me even to revert back to a restored state, my plan is to go to the AppleStore and get a phone with largest space and return it once I am done testing for them.

Same issue. Makes iOS 11 unusable.

I'm experiencing the same issue with Beta 6. Quite annoying.

Same issues here, with iOS 11 Beta 5. Using iPod touch 6th gen.
Free storage fluctuates wildly, going from 4 GB after I deleted some apps/music to 3 GB, then 2 GB, then below 500 MB, making the iPod usable as a door stop and not anything else. 😟

Please fix ASAP. If this is by design & expected, this does not seem right...

Im also having same issue with iphone 6. system storage is over 9GB and no more space left on device.

same issue in my iPhone6. After install beta6 the system storage increase. At the moment more than 9GB. I read in the forums, that sync the phone with iTunes, and logs are removed from device... Not. The logs are on device, and I think this is which increase the system storage. In xCode I delete manually the logs but.... if few MB space available the system fill up... :S
At the moment I can't update any apps, sometimes I can't read my mail 🙂

Great 🙂

I install the new beta7 and the storage working properly.

Not showing for us non-developer testers. 😟
I only see Beta 6. Seems Beta 7 is only a Developer beta, with Public beta still being at 6.

Hope 7 goes public soon!

Just turn of System Analytics

Hi,

i seem to have tracked this to the way photos handles, err, photos. Try disabling iCloud storage and enabling it again. I have, at least temporarily, solved my problem.

Please fix it.

Hello,

Are you disabling iCloud Photo Library when you say iCloud storage?

Thanks!

Started experiencing this issue as well. Update to the most recent beta didn't fix it. Hopefully it'll be addressed soon.

Huh, expanding on what Sayl0mand0r said: Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics -> Share iPhone Analytics And turn the option off. That completely solved the issue for me. Probably not what Apple would like, but it's unreasonable the number of files that where being kept there.